News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Soho Fishing and Rivers Way, is it worth it?

Started by Platypus, April 16, 2010, 15:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugman

Tom and Knox run a grand program at River's Way.  Recently while I was there to fish I had the opportunity to observe Knox working with some local high school kids on the rope course.  Knox and Tom do a wonderful job with our youth that visit their complex.  Heck, I can barely climb a set of stairs much less suspended ropes, but I wanted to participate after hearing the whooping and hollering of those kids. 

The only hang-up I have is Knox uses beads when he fishes, but that is another subject.

Trout Maharishi

Are you a member Bugman, or does the "private" access you already have give you enough water to fish? :angel: >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

bugman

I did join at River's Way, because I have come to appreciate and get to know Knox and the work they do.  Contrary to popular belief I don't have carte blanche when it comes to access from the other side, nor do I expect to.   

Trout Maharishi

Just so everyone knows, none of my questions or comments here are about the work Knox or Rivers Way does. They appear to be a very good organization. My concerns and fears are for the ever decreasing access to public fishing rights.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Platypus

Thanks for the input guys, I am heading up that way next week and hope to meet up with Knox and take a look at the operation.