News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

I feel a little dirty...

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 31, 2010, 21:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I fished a delayed harvest stream today.. I was told that I had a meeting but they called and let me know that it was NEXT week.  o-o Too late to make it to the D so I hit the closest stream, the Mitchell River. There were about a dozen fishermen on the upper section which includes some of my favorite water. Well what use to be favorite water, I don't think I've been there in five years.  ;hb

Fooled around with some nymph combos. No risers, plenty of midges, caddis, drakes, bows coming off the water, too bad the dumbass stockers don't know what to do with all of those bugs... I settled on a pink san juan worm with a bead head soft hackle dropper. Cleaned out hole after hole, caught about 2/3 on the SJW and 1/2 1/3 on the BHSH.

Found this fly box on a sand bar at the rivers edge. No rust.  ;hb

Caddis were thick, shake a tree and swarms of them would take flight.

Dirty little secret San Juan Worm  :o

BWO struggling to take off.

One for the fallen...

Good night.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

MidgeRod

Nice Carp!  You have to chum em in?  0--0
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." (Gerald Ford #38)

Trout Chaser

Great pictures as always.  Especially like the boo and caddis one. 0--0

TC

FoulHook

2/3 SJW + 1/2 BHSH... Now that just don't add up. You gotta teach me how you do that!

0--0
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

croaker

"a little dirty" ain't gonna hurt.

0--0
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

diaz dassie

Shame on you. Did you gut any on the bank? I heard that they bleed well as soon as you snap their necks... >:D

benflyfishn

DH suckage....  ;D  Glad to see some feeshes left. Going to take my girls and my dad up there this weekend and get them on some dumb trouts.
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

troutphisher

Oh my my....Karma in the shit house now.........

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

flatlander

BH San Juan Worm?  You're going to hell for sure!  0--0

jwgnc

So I went to the Surrey County DH and followed in WBs footsteps today.  I didn't get as dirty as Wooley, but I caught a few.  A few fish rose - to a very sparse hatch - but wouldn't take a fake.  They're learning.

Got one very nice Brook Trout - and my proudest fish of the day - A Rainbow that jumped me off !!  True story. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.