News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Late Shad Run

Started by troutrus, March 11, 2010, 09:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

What a difference a year makes. This date last year, we were catching bunches of Hickories down on the Roanoke. Last year water temp ~52 which I've found to be ideal for the shad. Same date this year, water temp ~43.
Heard they're getting some on the Neuse. Anybody have a report from the PeeDee? Might check that out early next week.
Where's that guy that preaches all that global warming stuff?

rjs123

I think everything will be late this year.  I know things were not what they should be while I was in Florida.  At least that is what I was told.  The water down there is still slow to warm.

Id really like to fish the Rappahanock this year for Shad at Fredericksburg.  I used to live there but never fished it.

Trout Chaser

Quote from: rjs123 on March 11, 2010, 10:42:23 AM
Id really like to fish the Rappahanock this year for Shad at Fredericksburg.  I used to live there but never fished it.

Give me a shout when you want to make the trip.  I'll let you know when the run starts up here.

TC

croaker

This cold winter has set the Shad run back @ 4-6 weeks down here.
Water temp has warmed up to 54 degrees F (measured yesterday on the way home from work).

Heard of some good catchin' the last week or so.  Gonna see ifn I can get the 2010 Shad skunk off tomorrow.

croaker
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.