Holy shit, Batman, Whovis re-introduces click and pawl CFO in limited edition...

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 06, 2010, 23:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

You can get an Abel Creek reel for about $250.  Spring and pawl, made in the USA.  I've got a bunch of old Hardy Lightweights, and while I love them, $400 is a ridiculous price to pay for a spring and pawl reel.

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on January 07, 2010, 08:39:47 AM
I haven't paid more than $265 for them.

But here is one with a "Badge of Character" for $650?????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORVIS-CFO-III-VINTAGE-1972-FIRST-BUILD-ULTRA-RARE_W0QQitemZ320458758044QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9cd4979c

Bwahahahahahahah! I almost pissed myself....

you see the question I asked about the reel???? dat's me wildcamel.... jis sayin'
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutphisher

That reel has just been re-listed for another 30 days. I think you ruffled his feathers with "not a badge of honor at'ol".....hehehehehehehe

Then he tries to explain it away with "I'm a collector"......

He might as well try selling refrigerators to Eskimo's.....Bwhahahahahaha!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

I asked another question.. I don't know if he'll answer it....

"Have you every fished a CFO? I have and after thousands of days on the stream there is no wear on the reel like yours. If you palm the reel any wear would be even and not a gouge that shows abuse."

or something like that...
me -There's a season?

flyman

It might show that type of wear from palming it if you were using a rock instead of your hand ;D >:D
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

diaz dassie

As the limey's would say this is "taking the piss". $400 for a reel made in China? Psssh, maybe if it was made in South Africa with 24K gold, I would stick it in the display cabinet ;D

trouthead

I bought 2 original c & p cfos new. I'm glad I managed to keep at least on of them. It's got a few dings. I figure it oughta be worth at least $650. Any takers??  ;D

Woolly Bugger

Direct for Whorvis:

QuoteThe answer is that this reel is made in Korea.
me -There's a season?

troutphisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 07, 2010, 09:13:27 AM
I asked another question.. I don't know if he'll answer it....

"Have you every fished a CFO? I have and after thousands of days on the stream there is no wear on the reel like yours. If you palm the reel any wear would be even and not a gouge that shows abuse."

or something like that...

Maybe he has old crusty hands, with burly hair on his palms.....ever think about that...hu hu......

Maybe he wears welders gloves whilst palming those hard running carp......

Could be he's a sports hero, and his champion-shit ring is used and a "disco" brake caliper.....Only wearing a spot that contacts the ring surface...well it could happen.

For fucks sake, there could be a host of reasons for the "ding"......