Light Cahill Ginger Quill wing

Started by troutphisher, January 02, 2010, 16:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

Hook: Mustad 94833 size 14

Thread: Light Cahill Uni-Thread 8/0

Body: Pale Yellow superfine dubbing

Tail: Ginger hackle fibers

Hackle: Light Ginger saddle (Herbert Miner)

Wings: Mallard primary flight slips dyed ginger
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

I think I remember seeing that pattern or one almost like it reek havoc during a complex sulphur/cahill hatch last year. Of course I have never seen so many bugs hatching at once as that day. Both species and numbers wise. Tie extras, you know those damn midgets always loose all the ones I tie in the rhodos.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

CR

Very nice-when the time comes, that will get it done for sure. Great proportions and wing positioning.

I should just do the search TP but I would love to see what you have worked out for a Blue Quill dunn. This is one of the better hatches on a few of the streams I fish (Not as many Quill Gordons) and I have trouble with the duns. I end up having the best luck with an extended body adams in a size 18 but feel I could be doing better. I have a pretty good nymph for this one and can usually hook up when fish "humpbacking" and are taking the emegers.

(edit) Found the Blue Dunn- Nice fly..
"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"