News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tampa Florida

Started by rjs123, January 30, 2010, 20:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

Im still alive! and Im still in Tampa.  Looks like Im not missing much at home on the Smith.

The weather when I got here a few weeks ago was really cold. There was a major fish kill because of it. Lots of Snook and catfish stinking up the shore line now.

The fishing is slowly getting better.  I have yet to get out the Fly Rod but I think this may be the week.  I used the spinning rod yesterday and caught about a dozen speckled trout.  4 of which were keepers in the slot limit of 15-20.  I hooked a couple of lady fish too.  I would really like to catch those on the fly rod.  Very strong fish and they like to jump high and often as you bring them in.  The 2 I caught were about 20 inches.

Ive waded a few times but have been fishing from shore the last few days.  Ill wade some of the flats this week with the fly rod in hopes of catching some red fish and more trout.

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=4]

[attach=3]

diaz dassie

Hell yeah, beats the cold ass vise grip of "ol man winter" here in Raleightown!Good times RJS!

5xTippett

You take a mean picture, Robert.  I am glad you are having fun.

jwgnc

Your timing is outstanding.  Should be in the teens tonight up here so the 6 inches of snow won't be melting.

Have a ball, and send more great photos!!
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

red-haired-boy

FYI- Lady fish make great cut bait.

I caught a stingray probably at that same spot where the truck and picnic tables are. (If its by the old bridge thats become a fishing pier.

rjs123

Quote from: red-haired-boy on January 30, 2010, 21:35:05 PM
FYI- Lady fish make great cut bait.

I caught a stingray probably at that same spot where the truck and picnic tables are. (If its by the old bridge thats become a fishing pier.

Thats the Courtney Campbell Causeway.  I was told by someone here that lady fish were good bait but some of the local guys said not so much this time of year. Live shrimp seem to be the best right now.