News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

BRFFF 2010 Softhackle Swap

Started by CR, December 30, 2009, 21:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CR

Glad we could make this happen. Maybe we should do a dry swap next.

OK- We have an extra set for the site- I was going to set up a silent auction with a thread on the main forum for non-tiers with the proceeds going to the forum. I could also set this up on my Ebay account- not sure if we have enough folks with an account there to make it worth while.

AL- I have your set ready to ship today. Sorry I missed getting your package out with the group.

Wrector- Send me your Address- I have yours ready to go as well but did not get your info. Otherwise I can just give them to you when we fish next.

Thanks!

CR

"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

benflyfishn

I say we put it on the main forum for auction. That would be the easiest. I will look around and see if I can add to it for the auction. Come to think of it, I can donate some tungsten beads to help out with the auction if you like. Let me know and I will let you know the size and color.
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

WRector

If we can get enough folks to do another swap (maybe drys or nymphs) then we could merge to two lots together and hopefully get some better bids.  I'll be the swap master, if you have had your fill CR....

I'd also be willing to throw in a few extra flies for the bid set iffin you think it would help!

I think stickin the auction on the main board makes the most sense, but I'll leave it up to WB and the mods to decide what they think is appropriate! 

An open auction could make for some entertainment.....  Just a thought...
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

LivinOnTheFly

Got mine in the mail today. Great lookin flies fellas! 0--0 Thanks for hostin for us CR!!
Not at the table Carlos!

Al

Mail man just delivered mine. Fishy looking stuff guys. Thanks.

I am going to marry mine up with the photos and recipes and use these as samples or examples as I attempt to tie some just like them.

Thanks for organizing this Corey  :)

blue ridge angler

I just got mine too..
looking great!! I may do the same as al,
since some of these are patterns I have not used before..
thanks again cr for meistering...

CR

Thanks all, this was lots of fun while the weather has been off.

WRector- Trey has your flies, make sure he gives them up! I am happy to add this set with a future swap. I can send them with the next set if you host. Seems like the right thing to do. Maybe Woolly can buy a few spools of fluro or something with the dough. I would let woolly know you want to host and set the theme. I am good with the dry or nymph. We may want to bump it up to 12 tiers with the influx of people from the place of which we do not speak.

Ben- The beads are a good idea- Maybe you could include some to Wrector on the next swap and he could get 5-10 out to each tier. those interested could then each do a set of tung bead flies to include.

Best regards,

Corey
"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

croaker

Got 'em outta the mail box this mornin'.  Good lookin' flys!
Gonna test some on cold water Bream since it'll be awhile before I can head north to Trout fish...
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

WRector

Got mine over the weekend!  Great looking bunch of flies.  Hopefully we can get another one going soon for those that are interested!

0--0
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.