News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Dont think Ill be Fishing the Smith tomorrow

Started by rjs123, December 16, 2009, 22:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

Generation from 4AM - Midnight  :( :( :( :( o-o o-o o-o o-o

Been a bad week for me just trying to fish. I guess they must be trying to lower the lake level.

I did fish a little yesterday, very little.  Got there at 3 when the water was supposed to be down to find it was still up.  It wasnt really fishable till 4 and never did go all the way down.  Bait fisherman were coming out in numbers.  Must have been at least half a dozen at the canoe launch.  Someone said one of the generators wouldnt turn off.  Not sure about that but thats what I was told. No one was catching anything either. I wasnt on the fly rod and I only saw a couple of rainbows caught on bait.

I went today and fished for only an hour in some fairly fast water where I expected to find some stocked rainbows and ended up getting 3. Threw 2 back and kept a nice 12-13 inch fish for dinner. After such a bad day yesterday no one else showed up so I was able to work a run that was full of people yesterday.

0--0

fly4u

Bob, You are diligent......How many days have you fished this year ?  Since it is dark and cold I look forward to your post daily. I have not been up now for two weeks in a row....first time since June. I am assuming you have fished the Smith in the snow.....how is it normally. If it does snow I think I want to come up and try it.
" Thank You For Your Support "

rjs123

I do fish it almost every day when Im in town.  Sometimes its only for an hour.

Im actually new to the area this year.  I didnt start fishing the river till March so I havent fished in the snow. But Im sure I will soon :)

They did generate last weekend so check the schedule.

rjs123

Caught a few today.  I fished till I got cold from the wet snow, maybe a couple hours. I looked like a snowman when I left the river around 4PM.  It got hard to see my strike indicator from all the snow coming down.

Al

You are hardcore Robert. I went hunting instead but turns out you had better luck - I'm betting I was better dressed for it then you were standing in the middle of 44 degree water waving a wand up and down while snow and ice pellets cover your hat and waders. Brrrrrr, makes me cold to just think about it.