News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Snow

Started by Stone-Man, December 17, 2009, 17:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmiller51h

Hell, I've had 2 feet for the last 2 weeks! If I come home for Christmas and I have snow, I think I'll puke! Wisconsin SUCKS!!!!!! This is "White Hell"!
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

rjs123

Snowing like crazy here.  I hit the Smith just as the water had gone down about 2PM. It had just started snowing.  I fished for not even 2 hours.  Caught a few.  I didnt want to stay too long because I have a full size fan with rear wheel drive.  I got home ok but it was slow going and there already was a serious accident that I saw on the way.  Pretty wet snow so I started getting cold and also was having trouble seeing my strike indicator in the snow.  I saw a couple of risers.  Probably the dumb stocked rainbows trying to eat snow :)  There was probably 2-3 inches on the ground when I got to the van.  They are still saying we will get 12-18 inches with more toward the moutains.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

5xTippett

As much as I love the Smith, Robert, I'll let you have it for a while.  It is 38 and raining here!

troutfreak

14 inches in Canton, NC

22midge

off the deck---wont make it to the Smith tommorrow  ;D ;D ;D

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Woolly Bugger

i'm roasting chestnuts tomorrow...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

Peewee, as pretty as that picture is you must live in God's country! :laugh:

rjs123

If I really get tired of sitting around the house I guess I could walk down to the Fieldale bridge tomorrow and fish. :)

22midge

Hey Robert & 5x the only walking im doing tommorrow is out of this 100 year old rocker to get more wood for the fire. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

diaz dassie

Yep, The Neuse River was interesting today, snowed for about 20 mins around 1PM. No action whatsoever during this time, then as soon as it stopped, the red horse suckers were on it! Now our roads here in Raleigh are slurpie avenues!!! Can't make it to the mtns this weekend so y'all hook up the preferred species out west.
Everyone be safe and have an enjoyable weekend, whatever you get into...
0--0

rjs123

Now that looks really nice Peewee.  I can see why you arent going anywhere.

troutphisher

I'm headed out the door in a few minutes, if its anything like yesterday, I'll have the water to myself!!! 0--0

To quote an old sage (croaker)....."Ain't snow grand!".... ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

if I can get out of the driveway by this afternoon I'm fishin' dammit...

rjs123

Right now 81 near Blacksburg is shut down.  Have a look at the Blacksburg cam on trafficland.com

Looks like we have about 12 inches so far here in Fieldale.