News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Snow

Started by Stone-Man, December 17, 2009, 17:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stone-Man

The local weather is calling for up to 12 inches here tomorrow and possible 16 inches on the N. Carolina side of tha hump. Plus the piedmont may get hamered also.

Might outta' get some firewood on to tha porch

Stone - Man

troutphisher

4 to 6 inches where I'm feeesh'in tomorrow.....should be a good day!

I have a new midge pattern I want to try out.........
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

rjs123

Im going to try fishing the Smith before it hits.  With the generation schedule it looks like I can fish a couple hours in the lower river and a couple hours farther up stream in the afternoon.

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON FRIDAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY... STORM TOTAL SNOW AMOUNTS AROUND A FOOT ARE EXPECTED.

Stone-Man

Karl,

Nice looking midge for sure.  Where are you fishing tomorrow??
They have turned the Watauga off in the mornings for the last 3-4 days
The Holston has generally fished really bad this fall due to the excessive generation.

Knox and I have been trying to duck hunt, but there is no way with this much water coming out of Holston Dam

JT

troutphisher

John,

I'm probably going to stay close to home tomorrow, some where in the western NC mountains, I am sure the parkway will be closed, so high elevations might be out of the question.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

i have to wait and see what happens with school and wrestling tournaments....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

Jeez...the Weather Channel is saying this storm dumped 12" of rain on Florida.  Hope you all have your bread and milk ;D

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Flatlander on December 18, 2009, 05:35:50 AM
Jeez...the Weather Channel is saying this storm dumped 12" of rain on Florida.  Hope you all have your bread and milk ;D

I'm getting ingredients for lasagna ... 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Beetle

Oh my god, I've got to get to the store for bread and milk!!!!  We might starve if we can't get out for a whole day!!!!  Hurry!!! 

rjs123

Quote from: Beetle on December 18, 2009, 08:30:52 AM

Oh my god, I've got to get to the store for bread and milk!!!!  We might starve if we can't get out for a whole day!!!!  Hurry!!!

Dont forget the toilet paper :)

The 3 items that always have a run when the storms are approaching.  Milk, Bread and TP.

Never could understand that when its going to be out of here by Sunday.  When I lived in Northern Viriginia it was always that way though.

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 18, 2009, 08:02:31 AM

I'm getting ingredients for lasagna ...

I'm eating leftover lasagna...

Stone-Man

Time is  3:30 PM and it is snowing very hard in  The Tenn. mtns now.
It rained till 2:00 Pm and then changed to snow and every flake has stuck. I would guess aout 2 inches  within the last 1 and 1/2 hours

JT

troutfreak

about 8 inches in Canton, NC (WNC)!!!!!!!!!!

Woolly Bugger

we've got an inch or two now, still coming down hard... saw 5 or 6 wrecks on my drive around town... :)
me -There's a season?

blue ridge angler

about 2 or so inches here and still coming down...