anybody going to see Clapton / Daltrey in Raleigh 3/8/10

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 16, 2009, 13:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

;hb ;hb
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Beetle

As in Roger Daltry???

Or are you referring to Nickelback light.....(Daughtry)?

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rjs123

Ill have to go to my bank and see if I could get a loan for a ticket.  :o

I miss the days of cheap concerts. I did see Clapton in the 60s with Cream as well as Hendrix.  Also saw Roger Daltrey with the Who when Keith Moon was still alive. Nothing was ever sold out then and it didn't cost a fortune. I even has some success at sneaking in to see groups like Iron Butterfly and The Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart.

...Just a little reminiscing about my teenage hippy days.

diaz dassie

Yep, Im all over it,
legendary music finally makes it to Raleigh. Don't have to watch the Who in the pissing rain in UK
Eric Clapton is awesome ;hb

Beetle

Quote from: rjs123 on December 16, 2009, 22:45:52 PM
Ill have to go to my bank and see if I could get a loan for a ticket.  :o

I miss the days of cheap concerts. I did see Clapton in the 60s with Cream as well as Hendrix.  Also saw Roger Daltrey with the Who when Keith Moon was still alive. Nothing was ever sold out then and it didn't cost a fortune. I even has some success at sneaking in to see groups like Iron Butterfly and The Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart.

...Just a little reminiscing about my teenage hippy days.

I can't come close to that!  How about Widespread Panic at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill around 1986?  $5 plus all the nasty draft you could drink.  They were awful.   ;hb

troutphisher

I hear ya, RS

The last concert I went to was the Eagles "hell freezes over tour" and lawn tickets were $150........

I too miss the good ole days of $10 tickets for decent seats, and $5 for lawn concerts.

I used to see the Allman Brothers every summer (not the original members) minus Duane and Berry, but none the less an awesome show, for $10.

We had money let over for good drugs........I miss those days    :'(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

diaz dassie

Nobody give up hope! I am a member of Livenation.com and have never paid more than $30 a ticket. What they do is they will throw a promo day, say a wednesday about two weeks before the concert and you buy lawn seats, they call it $10 tickets but once you pay for venue surcharge and parking it's around $30. When I get the alert, I promise to post it. You may wanna sign up to livenation. They are a right pain in the ass coz you'll get bombed with emails every other day trying to sell you tickets to see some shit like Brittney Spears or Miley Cyrus.Typical... ;hb