• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
September 18, 2021, 03:17:57 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Smith River 11-28-09

Started by rjs123, November 28, 2009, 13:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

I got up early and couldnt fall back to sleep, so I went fishing.  Hit the river at daylight in Bassett.  I fished there for a little while and then went down below Fieldale.  I caught fish in both places.  Didnt kill them and no large fish to report. Small browns and a couple of rainbows. I ended up catching half a dozen and losing a couple.  I may go back out later in the afternoon before dark. The water is clearing up.  Had a stain to it yesterday but it was pretty clear today.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Lots of birds heading south.

dossphoto

No wonder nothing was biting for me today, I was fishing behind you!!  I did venture to some other water about midday and caught a couple of small fish. I did however spot several fish on the bed.  It was tempting but I walked away from those fish. 
Went back this afternoon and left the fly rod in the truck.  Two minute exposure about a mile below the dam.

rjs123

Nice picture Darrin!

I would have given you a call but I thought it was too early.  Are you fishing tomorrow?

dossphoto

More than likely, I need to tie some flies tonight.  I left half my flybox hanging in trees today.  Any hints on what color midges to tie up?

rjs123

Quote from: dossphoto on November 28, 2009, 21:00:05 PM
More than likely, I need to tie some flies tonight.  I left half my flybox hanging in trees today.  Any hints on what color midges to tie up?

Ive been using black and brown.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwgnc

Thanks for sharing - I like the bubble shot. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

flynhokies

yeah that release of the brown with those bubbles is awesome
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

#CommissionsEarned