News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Public vs. Private Water

Started by WoodrowCall, July 09, 2009, 15:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you pay to fish private water with a rod limit on a public stream?

Definitely, no matter the price!
1 (3.1%)
Maybe, if it was cheap and not crowded
11 (34.4%)
Not sure, I'd have to see
4 (12.5%)
Probably not, doesn't seem right
5 (15.6%)
Definitely not, it's not American!
11 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

rjs123

Quote from: troutfreak on November 18, 2009, 10:54:07 AM
If you eat fish, go to the damn super market and buy it.  I am a catch and release man and would hope everyone else would try to be due to the fact our wilderness, animals, and habitats are changing daily.  I dont understand why someone would fish/hunt, keep, and eat.  If I wanted to eat fish, I would simply go to the supermarket.  Fishing is a sport for me...not a source of food.  I enjoy fishing so I can catch it and release.  So, someone else can enjoy it also.  just my 2 cents.  Not trying to offend anyone.  Its just we need to be more aware of our wilderness and habitats of the wilderness, then appreciate them being there for us to relax and enjoy fishing.

I release most fish but not all. Ive never kept a brown on the Smith but have kept many rainbows when Im NOT fishing the special regs section.  Ive yet to keep a brown,  but that may change.  Ive heard from many people Scott the Smith River biologist will be recommending keeping some of the smaller fish on the Smith. So if thats the case, is throwing them on the bank bettter than eating them?

As far as the stocked fish go, whats the difference if they raise fish in a hatchery and send them directly to the fish market to be eatin or they throw them in a stream for a few days (or more) to be caught and eatin.

I enjoy fishing too, but I also like to eat fish sometimes.

22midge

oh my goodness Robert !! very good post right up to the throw them on the bank  :o There will be enough taken without going that far Im sure.If you eat fish fine ..I have not taken a fish that I know of in years but I see no problem with keeping what is legal.Those that eat fish have the same voice as those that dont and managment sees numbers not what you eat for supper.The river will be shared or it will slowly die because the VDGIF will not recognize only a few.Be safe --keep whats legal and save some for tommorrow.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

troutfreak

just love to get you fish eatin' fools going, it works everytime. ;D

phg

Sounds like "Snob fishing" to me..... >:D

flatlander

Quote from: phg on November 18, 2009, 16:19:35 PM
Sounds like "Snob fishing" to me..... >:D

Still confused about that, huh Paul?

rjs123

Quote from: 22midge on November 18, 2009, 14:46:09 PM
oh my goodness Robert !! very good post right up to the throw them on the bank  :o There will be enough taken without going that far Im sure.If you eat fish fine ..I have not taken a fish that I know of in years but I see no problem with keeping what is legal.Those that eat fish have the same voice as those that dont and managment sees numbers not what you eat for supper.The river will be shared or it will slowly die because the VDGIF will not recognize only a few.Be safe --keep whats legal and save some for tommorrow.

I was definitely not saying I would throw them on the bank. I wouldnt do that no matter what the shape of the river and fish population. I also dont know if I will keep any browns or not out of the Smith.  Im hoping I can be at the meeting in December to hear the study findings.

rjs123

Quote from: troutfreak on November 18, 2009, 16:04:14 PM
just love to get you fish eatin' fools going, it works everytime. ;D
I just love to get non fish eatin fools going.  So it looks like everyone is happy, Let's have a beer with our fish  0--0

Oldman

Browns taste like crap. Eat a bow.

22midge

we are going to put a bunch of those little browns on popcycle sticks and grill them for the dinner at the TU Meeting. 0--0 0--0
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Oldman

its popcicle you eat it, you dont ride it. hehehe.
When camping in the smokies a eight inch bow cooked on a stick over a fire tastes great and really brings in the bears.

22midge

by golly oldman you are right..didnt catch that one--my spell check is out of state going to school.  ;D ;D 8@S

trouthead

It's popsicle you dullards. Personally I think browns have more flavor.

Oldman

Finally, an english major in the group.