News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hello

Started by possessed, November 14, 2009, 23:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possessed

Newbie here to this site.  Been fishin for 30 years, but only started fly fishin about 5 months ago.

I have learned a lot about the fly, but still have a lot more to learn.

My preference is fishin very small wild streams.  I like fishin for all trout, but have a "thing" for brook trout.

I also like animals, the mountains, hikin, campin, drankin beer, smokin Marlboros, cussin, etc.

I'm a country boy from the south, I ain't one of those sophisticated uppity fly fisherman that drinks wine off a red and white checkered table cloth streamside.   ;D

Woolly Bugger

sounds like you'll fit in...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Oldman

Welcome Mike. But the real question is do you drink Hippie beer or Redneck beer?

possessed

Usually Bud Light, is that hippie?   ???  I don't drink it from a fine crystal glass, I drink it straight from the can.   ;D

Woolly Bugger

C, M, B, are NOT hippie beers. (Coors, Miller, Bud)

In this crowd hippie beers are 1.) homebrews 2.) Craft beers (Stone, Sierra Nevada, New Belgian, Dogfish, etc. 3)Imported exotics (not Corona, Heineken, etc)

that being said there is nothing wrong with having a PBR streamside.... ;hb
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

diaz dassie

Hi! I currently live in Raleigh but that doesn't keep me from regulalry hitting the beautiful creeks of West NC. I spend alot of time in Transylvania County, mainly because the creeks are so similar to the ones I fished in South Africa growing up. The only exception being that we don't get brook trout. I guess the only major difference is that we don't see cold temps/snow in the area I'm from.Really itching to hit the mountains sometime later this week, but work has really made the 2wt sit on my backseat.Hopefully this winter will not be too cold and that there will be plenty of days for us flyfishing junkies to get out there and enjoy a stroll in the mountains...

Woolly Bugger

cool a small stream junkie! welcome
me -There's a season?

cypresstrout

I am another Southern boy who fishes mainly in the SC lowcountry for bass and bream.  I do fish occasionally for trout when I get the time.  I am trying to learn all I can about tying flies, so I will probably be asking a bunch of stupid questions.  I have heard through the grapevine there are some pretty dam good fly tiers on this board!

5xTippett

Welcome to another SC boy!  Unfortunately I am not one of the good fly tyers.

rbphoto

Quote from: 5xTippett on November 23, 2009, 14:01:46 PM
Welcome to another SC boy!  Unfortunately I am not one of the good fly tyers.

Same here.

SC boy, not a fly tyer (at all).

Glad to have you here.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

2 kinds of flies; the kind that catch fish and those that don't...

you don't need an award winning fly to catch fish!
me -There's a season?