Cold and Windy Today on the Smith

Started by rjs123, November 27, 2009, 16:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

I fished for about an hour in Bassett today.  I had 2 hits one I lost the other I landed.  However, "the one that got away" is the one I wish I would have landed.  I never saw the fish but again I think it was a really nice brown.  It was in the same place I got the 18" fish the other day.  He hit a #20 midge and headed for cover. Never jumped just shook his head and headed for the bottom.  I was just thinking I needed to give the fish some line but too late, and he was gone. I think the knot slipped out of the 6x Fluorocarbon I was using off the nymph to the dropper.  There was no line coming off the back of the nymph when I brought it in.

As if to rub it in the next fish I caught was this tiny brown.  And what does he hit,  the #12 pheasant tail...  Oh well...... still always god to be out fishing the Smith.

It was REALLY windy today.  Not too bad where I was, still pretty cold though. Didnt help that I left my gloves in the car.

[attach=1]
If the first fish I hooked would have taken the nymph like this little guy did, I may have landed it.

possessed

Sounds much like my day.  Not very productive.  I lost a whopper 5 inch rainbow and landed a 9 inch brown.

Casting into that wind was not very easy either.