On-line Fly Shops... or buying flies on-line

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 06, 2005, 13:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landlockednow

I have purchased less than 15 flies on line.

They all were from www.Troutflies.com.  I did so the first time as a quid pro for their exceptional tutorials.  I bought 6 callibaetis spinners for the big Montana trip (2 each to Peddler, Baxman and myself).  I think we all felt they were superbly tied...but I do not think we used them.  These were not bargain flies, but in my opinion pretty high quality and not too cheap.

After being in Blue Ribbon Flies in West Yellowstone, I would not hesitate for a moment to order from those guys, should the need arise.

pelcrk

www.bolsars.com also has some nicely tied flies for a very good price. Bernie is a good guy to deal with.I've also had good luck with blue fly cafe as many others have mentioned.
best,
steve
It's all good drifts

flytire

Blueflycafe buyers,

Whats the quality of the flies you purchased there?

I'm looking to restock some patterns and may try them for an order.

BHP

I have purchased flies online from Bluefly, Hill's and Discount flies, and the best quality flies were from Discount Flies, with Hill's a close second.

www.discountflies.com

www.hillsdiscountflies.com

BHP

wvyou

BlueFlyCafe files hold up as well as any of the other flies I've purchased, and even better than the last bunch I bought at Jesse Brown's for 4 times the price.

Trout Chaser

Here's another online option. http://www.smallflies.com This is one of the memebers from the Classic Cane forum.  His prices are competitive and atleast they are tied in the USA.

TC

Bloy

Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit