News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tough Monday at the office

Started by Beetle, November 10, 2009, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Fish are out friends, haven't you seen Saving Nemo? As a Buddhist I must tell you some of those fish may be your ancestors :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Beetle

"The horror......the horror......"

troutrus

Quote from: Beetle on November 11, 2009, 08:58:10 AM
The charter fleets stick to their limits quite well.  Most are self imposed and enforcement consists mostly of peer pressure, ridicule and diminished bookings.

On the other hand, I've had trips with guides that seemed pissed when we'd insist that once we had enough fish for a meal we wished to release the remainder of our catch. I've seen groups come in with what appeared to be more than their limit only to find that they were encouraged by the crew to catch and keep the crew's limit, e.g. 6 man charter catches and keeps 8 man limit.   ???

By the way, how many were fishing in your party?  ::)

Beetle

Really?  I've been fishing out of Oregon Inlet for 20 years and have not seen that.  Interesting.

We had 12 people on the boat not including the crew. 

troutrus

Must have been a big boat.  ;)

Don't worry about it. Most of your buddies here don't know the regs anyway.

Kill 'em and grill 'em  ;hb

Beetle

Quote from: troutrus on November 11, 2009, 16:26:21 PM
Must have been a big boat.  ;)

Don't worry about it. Most of your buddies here don't know the regs anyway.

Kill 'em and grill 'em  ;hb

What would I be worried about???

croaker

Great report and pics Beetle!

Looks like it's time to fire up the grill  0--0
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

5xTippett

I am assuming you will let me and Croaker know when you get ready to fire those boys up, won't you?  Just send one of us your address and the time.  We'll handle it from there.

cypresstrout

Those are some beautiful fish.  How big were those Wahoo?

Beetle

One hoo was 42 lbs.  The other was 39.

I love wahoo. 

0--0

WhiteMtnFlyGuy

Very nice catch. In the pictures I see some convential equipment. Does anyone on the NC coast target the Tuna with fly gear?

flatlander

Quote from: WhiteMtnFlyGuy on December 31, 2009, 09:59:50 AM
Very nice catch. In the pictures I see some convential equipment. Does anyone on the NC coast target the Tuna with fly gear?

Beetle will probably be able to answer better than I, but I think targeting the tuna bite with fly tackle in NC is pretty hit-or-miss these days.  I know Brian Horsley and his crowd went after them pretty hard a while back and had some luck.  Raz Reid caught a 100 pound BF that was the 16 lb tippet record--not sure if that still stands.  I think they go after the YF too, when they find them, but it's inconsistent fishing.

Z-Man

Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!