News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River 11-3-09

Started by rjs123, November 03, 2009, 20:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

Fished again this afternoon from around 1-5.

Ben (OTS) came along to observe and help me out.  I really think he just needed some entertainment and actually did enjoy watching me decorate some of the trees along the river with a few different flies. Kidding aside, he was a great help in several areas from casting to reading the water. Thanks Ben!

I fished (Ben watched) a couple of places around Bassett.  Fishing was a lot different than yesterday.  I got a lot of hits and lost a lot of fish yesterday but not today.  I ended up landing 2 rainbows and lost a couple of fish.  I had some other hits too but again the fish were not hitting like they were yesterday.

I  was using a pheasant tail with a midge dropper.

The rainbow below was bleeding quite a bit from the gills so I kept it.

[attach=1]

flynhokies

nice bow. better to keep it then throw it back for dead...good decision
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

5xTippett

Good report, Robert!  I hoped Ben behaved! :)  Ben is a nice guy and he does know the river.

22midge

boy a fisherman will hang out with just about anybody. ;D ;D ;D  Be careful there Robert this Ben guy will have you fishing up on da top with one of dem floating bugs.I aint never seen no fish live up on da top of the water. ;) ;) catch one for me.Be safe
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life