Pros?

Started by troutfreak, October 19, 2009, 15:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfreak

Just wondering what classifies you as a pro? see article below:

Found in Smoky Mountain News

Fly-fishing duo takes top spot in local tournament
By Julie Ball

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a teenager, Josh Stephens worked summers as a rafting guide on the Nantahala River. He'd watch as trout came up on the water to eat flies.

Then a friend, David Woody, introduced him to fly-fishing. That was it for Stephens. He was hooked. He began fishing practically every day, spending hours on local rivers.

He packed his bags and moved to Wyoming and Yellowstone to fish.

MOD Note:
post a like to the article not the whole article..

Doctrout

A Professional fly fisherman is someone who gets paid for instructing, guiding, or fishing.

Oldman

So, a professional whore is a prostitute? Right?  Whats a part time prostitute called?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Oldman on October 21, 2009, 16:35:53 PM
So, a professional whore is a prostitute? Right?  Whats a part time prostitute called?

A man on his way home from the bar decides to take a short-cut through an unlit park.

A woman approaches him and offers to fuck his brains out for $25.

The man thinks to himself that this is a chance too good to miss, so hands over the money.

She leads him into a bush and they get under way.

A policeman happens to pass by, hears them at it and notices the bush shaking.

He approaches, shines his flashlight on the pair and asks the man what he's doing.

The man replies calmly, "I'm just having sex with my wife, officer. Do you mind?"

The officer responds, "I'm sorry, sir, I didn't realize it was your wife."

The man quickly replies, "That's quite alright, officer - until you shone your flashlight on her face, neither did I."
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Oldman

bingo WB. I am a prostitute. I hire myself out to anyone willing to pay for my services. Dont we all? I do electrical work..... anyone need an electrician? Shameful plug but times are desparate.

troutfreak

sorry WB, I thght I did post the link, something must have happened on my end.

croaker

Quote from: troutfreak on October 19, 2009, 15:30:30 PM
Just wondering what classifies you as a pro?

Doin' it fer $$ is a pro, doin' it 'cause you like it is priceless.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

troutfreak

Thats my thinking Croaker!

calebB

Troutfreak,
I was kinda want to read the rest of the article-- do you still have the link?

Discomidge

QuoteA Professional fly fisherman is someone who gets paid for instructing, guiding, or fishing.

Just because ya get paid...doesn't make everyone a professional

jis sayin'

Kim 8)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

wvyou

Quote from: greenlander on October 21, 2009, 01:22:27 AM
A Professional fly fisherman is someone who gets paid for instructing, guiding, or fishing.

To my knowledge, neither Woody or Josh make any money as fly fisherman, save the money they win in tournaments. 

Both are great fisherman and all around great guys.  The fly fishing world needs more of them.