Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

Hook: Mustad 94833 size 16

Thread: 8/0 Yellow Uni-Thread

Body: Turkey Biot Dyed Sulphur

Tails: Micro Fibets, Tied split style

Thorax: Sulphur Super Fine Dubbing

Wing: Snow Shoe Rabbit foot Hair  Natural, Tied compara style
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

Sweet! That biot body looks perfect. I just got a couple colors of snowshoe rabbit feet, may have to experiment a little bit this weekend ;hb
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

I just picked up two pair of feet, one natural color and one pair dyed dark dun. I'm headed to the Tail waters this morning and wanted to try something new.

The hair is surprisingly easy to manipulate on the hook shank, but the wild curliness of it makes it hard to wrap thread around the thorax. I didn't make a post, because when I tried it didn't look right, so I just wrapped around it while pinching the hair, to get of out of the way.

Hopefully this stuff will live up to its reputation for float boyancy.......
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

jwgnc

Great looking bug.  Is it based on Fran Betters Haystack or was it called the "Usual" ?
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

They are both tied basically the same way. The Haystack uses deer or elk hair, and the usual uses snowshoe rabbit's foot. Poor little bunnies, how are they going to hop without their feet :(
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

benflyfishn

What happens on the stream, stays there..........

cypresstrout

How does that one work on the tailwaters.  It looks neat!

blue ridge angler

trouthead

Nice fly. I bet that would work great on the South Holston.