News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hilton Head Party Boats?

Started by red-haired-boy, October 03, 2009, 14:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red-haired-boy

Any good party boats out of Hilton Head area? I am wanting to take my stepfather fishing, my family is renting a condo down on Hilton Head for the week of Thanksgiving.
By party boat I mean those affordable trips where they take a mess of people out, provide them with gear/bait, etc.

Other advice on fly/surf fishing the area is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stuart

Ps. Would love to hire a guide but just can't afford it.

Woolly Bugger

party boats can be a lot of fun... i'm sure there are a lot in the area, just haven't been on one to recommend.. have a grand day!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

croaker

I've heard good reports about Amicks.  They're in Savannah GA.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

fly4u

My son and I went in July. It twas my and his first time. I caught a baby shark and he nothing. There were sixty people on board and only a few caught. Every time someone hooked one everyone on that side of the boat had to reel in. Then no casting just drop the hook and set the reel and wait. It was ok. I had wrist bands on, Dramamine in and behind the ear drops in my pocket. The behind the ear drops came in handy when the two kids around 10 and 12 years old beside me got sick........which I would not look at in fear that I  would surly be next. The dad thanked me and used it on them twice. This was a three hour trip. one to get out and there.....one fishing anchored in one spot (rocking) and one to get back.
I think it cost us 60.00 each, we went the cheap route. In the end my son and I agreed that the next time we would try a 4 or six man trip....we will need to shop around a little more. My mother in law knows a man that will go out ....on his schedule and he wanted 200.00 for just me. I wanted to stay on the back streams of the inter coastal and fly fish. I was going to do that but had an emergency and had to leave early. I'm kinda glad...that was a lot of money. I came back home and went to the Smith as soon as I could.
" Thank You For Your Support "

Woolly Bugger

do not, i repeat do not get on this party boat!!!!!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 04, 2009, 15:27:51 PM
do not, i repeat do not get on this party boat!!!!!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I see TBII, Troy, Troutrus, Wheezer, and Rutrow are ready to set sail, is that Walt in the back of the boat? ;D >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

red-haired-boy

I don't think I have to worry about that boat, but thanks for the advice  :P

tbird4

How many people?  I went out with a captain last year we had a good time catching the spanish and when that bite died we caught some sharks.

red-haired-boy

It would just be the two of us which makes Amicks out of the question- they want you to rent the whole boat. (Thanks Croaker- I may call them and see if they can recommend anybody.)