Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

October X Caddis, It's that time of year ;D

Hook:Daiichi 1180 sz 10
Thread: Uni 6/0 Rusty Brown
Trailing Shuck: Brown Polly Tron
Body: SLF Red Fox Squirrel Abdomen
Wing: Natural Yearling Elk
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

calebB

Nice fly. I see you got some SLF dubbing.

5xTippett

Great fly! Where's mine?  Or are you going to wimp out like Beetle? >:D

Trout Maharishi

I didn't tie but one ;D That one was for the Little River New letter this month. You can have it though ;)

Caleb,
That SLF is some good looking stuff. It dubs easy and I love the high lights and multiple colors it gives you. That pattern tied small works good for the Brachycentrus. Just tie it on about a 16 with a green or olive body.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

phg

I used a lot of X-caddis in Montana last August.  Killer pattern, and really easy to tie, since it has no hackle.  Rust, tan, olive, black, it's all good.

troutphisher

Very nice Holy one......homage to you Sir.... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

CR

Great looking fly, that dubbing is awesome, love all the color variations as mentioned.

The first time I saw one of these come off I was floored to see a caddis that large on a small stream in NC. Never seen them in huge numbers, but they are easy to spot amongst the tiny fall BWOs that I have seen them on the water with.

looks like a good one with a lower profile without the hackle.

I have tied a few like a stimulator without a palmered body, with a loose turkey + deer wing and rubber legs. These do ok in faster water, but not quite as good as an imitation of the naturals I have seen.

Will try to get a pic so I can have yall take a look..

"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"