News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Yesterday on the Smith

Started by 5xTippett, September 20, 2009, 19:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

Headed back up to the Smith Saturday instead of whacking more doves. I arrived in Bassett to find out it was cloudy with no wind. I figured that I was going to wax their little rears. I parked at one of my normal spots and walked a good bit further downstream than normal. After about an hour I remembered why I hadn't messed with that spot in over a year. I caught one within my first few casts and for the next hour I couldn't have bought one. I hauled buggy on upstream to where I normally fish and caught fish for the next hour or so. It wasn't great, but it beat the dickens out of what I was doing. I ended up with 14, with a couple over 12 inches(barely). Three, if you count the rainbow.  I remembered seeing a bunch of fish sipping midges downstream on the way to where I was fishing, so I hopped in the car and rolled downstream and switched rods. I hopped out and hit the water. I missed 5 in short order. It was too dark for my eyes to unload that midge( I was hoping the midge was screwed up and not me), so I surrendered. I hopped back in the car and rolled down to Al's cabin, where we set on his front porch for awhile and talked fishing. He had caught 2 on one cast Friday afternoon. I'll let him tell you about that! I arrived home around midnight. It wasn't the most spectacular day in numbers, but I don't care, it was fun. It is now officially patch the minor leaks in my waders time. They don't bother me during 90 degree weather, but I am not going to be amused when it hits the 50's

Woolly Bugger

looks like a good day on the Smith. I've got to either find/patch the leak in my LL Bean "Wicked Tough" Waders, or send them back (agai, third time)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rjs123

Ok your post has now made me officially homesick.  I miss fishing the Smith ! Ill be back in a week.