News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Chasin Brookies

Started by dossphoto, August 30, 2009, 08:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dossphoto

We have been fishing the Smith River a lot lately, so we decided that a change would be good.  So we made the trip to Woolwine to check out a well known blueline.  This is one of the few creeks in the area where you can catch the triple crown (Rainbow, Brook, and Brown Trout).  I was fortunate enough to catch one of each with my first three fish of the day!  I believe that is only the second or third time I have ever been so lucky!

Can't beat the scenery there!

Rainbow Trout

Brown Trout(small but he still counts!)

Brook Trout

Brian looking for another brookie!

Boot repairs yet again.  Glad I had that roll of electrical tape.
Everyone carries tape in their fly vest....right?

Still haven't wore out this fly rod,
guess I will have to go again next weekend!

brownhunter

Beautiful pictures  0--0 I hope someday I will be able to take pics like that, but for now, it seems well beyond my grasp.
Question though, isn't that second one a brookie with parr marks? I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like.
But, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter because you were able to get out on the creek and have a great day. Thanks for sharing  ;hb
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

WoodrowCall

I haven't been carrying tape in my vest, but it looks like it would be a good idea :)

tbird4

Very nice, I can't wait to do some fishing.  Looks like a great day out.  I've been honey doing getting ready ready for daddy's new fishing partner.

Bloy

is electrical tape better than duct tape ??????
barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

dossphoto

Quote from: Bloy on August 31, 2009, 16:26:39 PM
is electrical tape better than duct tape ??????
barry

Electrical tape is MUCH better than duct tape.  I have tried duct tape in the past and it would not stay on at all!!! The stretchiness of the electrical tape seems to work a little better.  I walked about 3 miles like that Saturday.

Shane

need to try the gorilla tape. great stuff. Tell Brian it's easier to be stealthy on those holes when your not actually sitting in them.

S

dossphoto

Quote from: Shane on August 31, 2009, 22:07:38 PM
need to try the gorilla tape. great stuff. Tell Brian it's easier to be stealthy on those holes when your not actually sitting in them.
S
I think this trip finally convinced Brian that he needs a short creek rod instead of that 9 footer he uses on the smith all the time!!