News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Few nice panfish

Started by CR, August 25, 2009, 10:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CR

Have not been out trout fishing in some time but have been fishing for some bream. They were going after the foam hoppers. Big fun on the old 5wt heddon.
"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

rjs123

jwgnc

Outstanding.  I had a place like that once in Illinois.  Very little fishing pressure.  I don't think three people fished it in a year - a few times each.  I had to watch out for the pike, though.  When I saw them coming, I'd try to pull my popper away as fast as I could.  But sometimes that just made 'em charge harder.  Nice fight on a Shakespeare Wonder Rod.  But we all know the Bluegill were the real prize at the dinner table.

Need a new place now.  There's this old farm down the road that has a ...
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

dayum! that's more than a handful!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

flatlander

LOL...the fish in the second picture looks like it's about one ant shy of exploding out of it's skin.

benflyfishn

What happens on the stream, stays there..........

overbrook

Those are sick!!!   and I'm embarrassed after what I caught yesterday  :embarassed:

jwhop3

I've always thought that if Bluegill ever grew as big as they fight, the human race would become extinct, those of us that swim, anyways. That picture proves it. Looks like a prop from a b-grade Pirhanna movie. Someone needs to produce a horror movie on YouTube. We could call it "Killer Giller!"
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~

RiverGeezer

Those are some nice greenies.  I manage to pull some 'gills out of my pond on occasion:

Peddler

Them's beautific CR... and scary big!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Chaser

jwgnc

Quote from: jwhop3 on September 18, 2009, 21:31:40 PM
I've always thought that if Bluegill ever grew as big as they fight, the human race would become extinct, those of us that swim, anyways. That picture proves it. Looks like a prop from a b-grade Pirhanna movie. Someone needs to produce a horror movie on YouTube. We could call it "Killer Giller!"

You guys need to be careful handling those hogs.  Should have a side-arm for game that dangerous.  If you need protection, just let me know.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.