News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

I heard those smallies calling...

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 19, 2009, 09:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

after two nice floats with my daughter, I needed to take a fishing trip up to the river. Got up there about 5:15 and fished until dark 8:45. Waded up the left side of the stairsteps, wished for a little more clarity, as the wading it tough on that side. Got some nice action with good bass jumping (over the gurgler). Managed to bring a few good fish to hand along with some redeye and smaller bass.

Missed a nice fish at dusk casting 60 feet to get over the lip of a ledge -- bass exploded out of the water but missed the wiggle minnow as it touched down on the water. Hooked this redeye at the same distance, just a little further down the ledge. Water felt a little cooler than I expected and it was an enjoyable evening on the river but it wasn't exactly on fire.

Finished off the day with a Smoked Porter Homebrew.

and filled up the tank for the drive home

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benflyfishn

Sweet!!  0--0 I hope the weather holds out and the smallies are biting this weekend. Might try to wade Fri evening and Sun. morning, any suggestions in spots to try? We are staying in Jefferson for the weekend.
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

kylemc

ahhh the wiggle minner. nice report 0--0