News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Looking for wader suggestion

Started by rjs123, August 17, 2009, 22:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

I need some new waders. Mine are only about 6 months old but Ive worn them hundreds of times.  They are leaking bad at the seams. I have the cheap 89.00 Hodgemans. I could get another one of these and they may last a few months again or I could get some US made waders if they really are better.

I really dont want to pay more than a couple of hundred BUT as much as I use them am I crazy not to send the extra money for good ones?  What are the warranties like for seam leaks on the 200.00 Simms and also the 400.00 Simms?

Trout Maharishi

Simms are hard to beat :) If you look around some times your can find closeouts on some of those $300-$400 models for 30 and 40% off. It's getting to be that time of year when the new models are coming out, and the older ones are going on sale. I had rather personally fish with cheaper terminal tackle than to skimp on waders. I don't care where you are fishing or how nice the rest of your equipment is, if your ass or feet are wet and cold, you ain't having no fun.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

buy LL Bean's best and send them back every 6 months for a new pair when they start leaking...

they don't fix anything but will send you a new pair in a heartbeat..

only problem is you'll be filling up the landfills with leaky waders.....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rjs123

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 17, 2009, 23:02:27 PM
I don't care where you are fishing or how nice the rest of your equipment is, if your ass or feet are wet and cold, you ain't having no fun.

I certainly agree with that.  After I got the Simms boots I couldnt believe how much more comfortable they were.  Ill be on the look out for sales.  I do like the Bean warranty too though. I see the LL Bean arent US made so I give Simms a plus in that category.  I just dont want to keep buying waders every few months.

By the way after thinking about it I dont see how I could have worn the ones I have hundred(s) of times in 6 months, thats only 182.5 days Jis Figurin' :)  Its been a lot though. I was fishing every day for a while and sometimes go out twice a day.