News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Main Menu

Smith- Saturday 8/8

Started by 5xTippett, August 09, 2009, 14:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22midge

Good point and I wonder if the question has been ask if its safe to the wild brown population to be introducing the hatchery strain of brown trout????

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Al

Quote from: 22midge on August 13, 2009, 09:02:43 AM

Good point and I wonder if the question has been ask if its safe to the wild brown population to be introducing the hatchery strain of brown trout????

I suspect it is a "benefit vs risk" decision and they decided the benefit of exposing kids to all the science and  enviromental  stuff was greater then the risk of introducing a new strain of browns into the river.

22midge

and the PR might help the river too............

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

5xTippett

Scott has told me he didn't think any of those little squirts would live past the first generation, and if any did it wouldn't be enough to influence the gene pool.  Peewee, you and Al know me well enough to know if I thought any of those mongrel little squirts were going to pollute the gene pool I would abandon my normal haunts and I would be fishing behind the library and woe to a fish with weird markings.  I just tried to call Scott and that rascal has abandoned ship for a couple of weeks. I hope I don't get curious about anything for a while.

Support the BRFFF