News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Eno River Durham area

Started by dnakamoto, July 31, 2009, 19:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnakamoto

Has anyone ever fished this river?  I've never warm water fly fished and was thinking about checking it out so I have alternatives that aren't 2 hours away.

Woolly Bugger

It has been talked about on and off for the past decades, there are fish in it. The locals use whatever method they want to and you'll be the odd man out with a fly rod....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

WoodrowCall

My dad lives on the Neuse River, and it is supposed to be ok just beneath the dam. I don't know about fly fishing, but I know there are good-sized catfish in there.

Bloy

Beautiful area. Numbers of fish are there. Some large rocks, just be careful. I normally get in at the Fews Ford area or the Cole Mill Rd (off 85 ) area. decent fishing and normally see ather fly fishers around. Pretty good fishing.
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

phg

I've caught a few bream on poppers, but there are some nice LM Bass in there too.  The locals hit it pretty hard, though, so don't expect the fishin' to be too easy....  I think I read, somewhere, that there's about 12 miles of river in the park.  Lots of trails, so plan on hiking a bit.