News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith Saturday

Started by 5xTippett, July 19, 2009, 13:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I left home Saturday morning for my pilgrimage to the Smith.  I decided to try a new spot Peewee had told me about, and then head to my normal spots.  I called Dean (Flyrod) on the way to Bassett and he gave me instructions to call him after 4:00 and he'd meet me up there.  I fished Peewee's spot for an hour or so and picked up 3 decent fish.  I walked back to the car and there was Dean.  We decided to head upstream a ways before we started fishing.  He decided to fish a run below me and I headed to where I had been whipping them pretty soundly the last few times. I saw some fish moving and I thought it was going to be more of the same.  Unfortunately those little suckers were in a bad mood.  I fished hard for a couple of hours and I earned every one I caught.  I finally moved up to another pool where I haven't been fishing in a while and it was strong for a few minutes.  It finally got too dark to see the fish splash when they hit.  I don't particularly mind not being able to see my beetle, but it does help to be able to see the fish splash.  I called Dean on the way home and he said he caught 14 out of one spot during a sulpher hatch.  I reckon if I fish that pool again I will have to throw something other than a beetle.  I don't know how many times I can convince the same fish to eat a beetle. ;D

benflyfishn

Beautiful Brownies..... 0--0
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

brownhunter

Not a bad day at all  0--0

Thanks for sharing!!!
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

rjs123

Nice looking browns!!!  I think I need to learn to fish drys!

5xTippett

TM, Look carefully in the mouth of the second one. ;D 

jwgnc

If you think you've lost your love -well I saw her saturday-y.  Beatles!!!
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

rjs123

Quote from: jwgnc on July 21, 2009, 18:56:37 PM
If you think you've lost your love -well I saw her saturday-y.  Beatles!!!

She Loves You Ya Ya Ya..............

Al

Quote from: 5xTippett on July 21, 2009, 16:40:57 PM

Looks like a chunk of crewing tobacco to to me.

jwgnc

Into my ... glass of wine so pardon me, but  I have been fortunate to have had several business trips to Liverpool.  As a Beatles fan in the 60s, it was great to go to the Cavern (where it all began) and have the company pay for it in the 90s.

I have been a Beatle fan since the 60s, and a Beetle fan since I have been chasing big fish.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: 5xTippett on July 21, 2009, 16:40:57 PM

I think Al is right, looks like Red Man to me ;D That sucker has some teeth, and  he's not hooked in the same place you put the fly in all those last time. :angel: ;D How did he taste?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

5xTippett

TM, I don't know how he will taste.  You told me to save him for you! >:D

22midge

Nub did you pump his stomach with that 4" case xx ? That brown I caught last Sunday had two hot dogs and a corncob in its belly.Guess he was still on a fourth of July kick.Be safe
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life