News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tough week at the coast

Started by Beetle, July 18, 2009, 19:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle

OK I will fess up.  We tried the fly rods but they wanted nothing of it and I couldn't cast Eddie's rod worth a hoot. 

Jerk baits and topwater stuff.  If you haven't experienced a redfish mauling a big spook, then you need to.  Jis reportin!   0--0

jwgnc

great fish - congrats on a great day
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

5xTippett

I have been told they will gobble up a mud minnow. :angel:

troutrus

Quote from: 5xTippett on July 21, 2009, 19:58:13 PM

5x,
Would you recommend a sink tip or full sinking line for properly presenting dem minners? ::)

rjs123

Quote from: troutrus on July 22, 2009, 06:52:10 AM
Quote from: 5xTippett on July 21, 2009, 19:58:13 PM

5x,
Would you recommend a sink tip or full sinking line for properly presenting dem minners? ::)

I was talking to a guy on the Smith yesterday who stopped to see how I was doing.  He told me if I wanted to catch a bunch of those brown trout I should get me some of those crappie minners and tie them on.  (true story)

flatlander

How deep were they Beetle?  Could you guys see them, or were you blind casting around creek mouths?

Beetle

Both- but for the most part we were casting to them in shallow water. 

Trout Maharishi

The Dalai Lama knows just about everything and he tells me what I need to know. Eddie and another fellow named Seth are two fine guides in that area. Cape Fear river area north to Topsail has some pretty good inshore fishing. I was just pulling your chain about spinning rods and bait. Sometimes the long rod just won't do and I will resort to any legal means at that point. Flatlander I don't really know Beetle, but his holiness has warned me about people like him. Plus Woowee, Phis, Goldie, and Al have all told me about him. ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

walt

nice redcroaks j..... very nice indeed.

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy