Smith River DGIF Sampling Schedule 28-30 Jul 09

Started by Al, June 22, 2009, 20:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Put these dates on your calendar!

The DGIF is scheduled to "shock" sample the Smith River on Tue, Wed, Thurs July 28-30, 2009. Exact locations and times will be determined and published as soon as the COE generation schedule is announced.

Scott Smith, the regional fisheries biologist, always welcomes volunteers to help with the sampling. If you want to help with the netting of fish, be sure you bring your waders. There are also other jobs on shore which do not require waders. Even if you don't assist it is always  interesting to watch the operation. Scott welcomes observers and is not timid about  answering questions.

I will post more details as they become available. See you there.

Woolly Bugger

cool! its always fun to watch, and I'm sure that its even more fun to participate !
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

I just confirmed the Smith River DGIF Sampling is still on for Tue, Wed, Thurs July 28-30, 2009.
The plan is to start at the bottom of the field behind the Mirror Factory at about 10:30am on Tuesday and then adjust based on the generation schedule. Assuming the generation follows the sequence it has during the past 2-3 weeks they will be sampling up along the road going to the dam in the mornings and then moving down below Bassett in the afternoons.  Look for several DGIF vehicles and one or two trailers parked along side the road and you will be in the right spot.

If you want to hook up with the DGIF crew for the first go round on Tuesday morning at 10:30, drive through the Mirror Factory employee parking lot, go past the paint shed and loading docks and cross the field. The road will turn left along the river and end at the bottom of the field.

This is a great opportunity to see what the Smith River fishery is all about. The folks from DGIF welcome your participation as observers or helpers in netting and processing the fish.  If you want to help with the netting be sure to bring your waders.

Hope to see you there.

Al

One last reminder - It would be a shame to miss out on this opportunity to see how things are going with the Smith River fishery. Details below..............