News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith 4-27-09

Started by rjs123, April 27, 2009, 19:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

Got out today for a few hours on the Smith.  They didnt start generating till noon today so I was able to fish the canoe launch area in Bassett till about 2:20, I got there about 10. It was a beautiful day today and I never saw another fisherman all day. It's been about 3 weeks since they stocked but I worked an area where I have always been able to catch a few stocked trout and today I was able to land 10 rainbows and one small brown. I may have done better on the browns but I really didn't move very far as I was having fun just bringing in the rainbows.  BJ lent me a 7.5 foot 4 weight and was having a ball fishing that compared to my fairly inexpensive 5wt. I had a few hits on a dry fly but caught them all on either a pheasant tail nymph or the #18 zebra midge I was trailing behind the nymph. There were very few fish rising but I did see a couple.

When the water came up I went home for lunch and then went down to Koehler for about an hour and a half. I caught 2 more rainbows there and had a few LDRs.  So I ended up with a bakers dozen for the day.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

been there, done that!

it's getting to be as hot as summer, need to find some shade out there on the river..
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rjs123

Hit the Smith again for a few hours today.  Caught 3 browns and 1 rainbow with a few LDRs a couple of which were pretty nice.  Had the river to myself again near Kohler.