News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SoHo with friends

Started by 5xTippett, April 28, 2009, 10:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I left Hartsville this past Thursday afternoon to head to the Holston to fish with Peewee and Dean for a couple of days.  I kept getting held up trying to leave and it was after 6:00 before I could hit the road.  I arrived at my destination at around 1:00 in the morning.  I had told those boys I would hunt them down on the river in the morning and for Heaven's sake not to wake me up!  I got up and got some coffee and was rigging up and talking to Jack(Prater) when the Stoneman himself arrived.  J.T. and I fished for an hour or so.  We caught some small rainbows and had a ball for awhile.  J.T. had to head back across the mountain and I went to find my buddies.  I fished with Peewee and Dean the rest of the afternoon and the next day.   We never really got into them strong, but we had a bunch of fun.  They left fairly early Sunday morning, and I fished with Blakey for a couple of hours before I had to head home.  The fish were more cooperative that morning.  I found some in flat water sipping midges and I used some of my Smith flat water midges and did pretty good for an hour or so.  I have caught more fish, but I have not had more fun or fished with nicer people.

Woolly Bugger

sounds like a good time on the river!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

Here are some pictures.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Finally got around learning how to pictures on this forum, thanks to Tom!