News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

150 mil? kidding right?

Started by Fire-Fly, January 18, 2009, 22:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Peddler

Seems as though the tape editor fucked up too.
Let's keep a tally comparing this and the recent past Presidents verbal fuck-ups.  ;)
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

cmiller51h

I was just watching the Obama's at the National Cathedral service this morning. They played the National Anthem...Obama had his hand over his heart, she was just standing there looking around, talking, holding her hands together, Bill (Slick Willie) Clinton and his wiferbeast was doing the same thing. These people have nothing but contempt for this country! They don't even recognize the National Anthem!? >:( They'd better learn quick! Millions are watching! The honeymoon wont last long!
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

walt

Quote from: cmiller51h on January 21, 2009, 10:50:29 AM
.... These people have nothing but contempt for this country!

shit chuck, watch any nascar race, southern football game..... the bastions of southern patriotism. i guess half the people there have nothing but contempt for this country also..... cuz they sure as hell ain't singin' the anthem..... they're walking around, talkin' smilin drinkin... wavin' at the fighter jets overhead.... sheeesh.

obama hasn't even been in office 23 hours and yer already whinin' like a lil crybaby....

Barack Obama is our president and I fervently wish/pray/hope that he succeeds spectacularly in fixing our fucked up economy *AND* our fucked up foreign policy. He's also yours and every other Americans President...... how about some respect for the office instead of whining and bitchin and moanin.... sheesh, not even a day has passed and "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"

nuff said,

Walter G. Winter, American.

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Al

Here is where some of the $150 million went - clean up of the National Mall (Yeah, I know, it probably gets trashed like this after most events - sort of tells you where a lot of the country is - Here in Fayetteville we have some the trashiest road sides in the nation)

Woolly Bugger

doesn't look like there is any grass left.... will have to re-seed it too....

sort of reminds me of woodstock....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

cmiller51h

Walt, I understand. It just pisses me off (and i dont care who it is!) to see someone disrespect the National Anthem or the US flag. If you want to be the leader, then you have to act like it and send the message that this is how Americans should act. You cant bitch if you dont vote. I voted. I hope he does a great job. We as a country need it, but they are the role models for the country. Look at the role model Slick Willie left for our kids! Well, a blowjob aint really sex! MY WIFE WOULDNT BUY THAT! I'd be divorced. They just need to be aware of the actions that they send. I have stopped at businesses who had jacked up flags and asked them to change them. No flag is better than flying a rag. I've tought my kids to pay attention and put thier hands over thier hearts when the flag is raised or the National Anthem is played. I'm not whining, it just hits a sore spot with me. I know too many soldiers and friends that have come home covered with this flag. Anyway, just my .02.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Beetle

http://www.denverpost.com/harsanyi/ci_11505879

This piece removes a lot of the emotion and conveys what a lot of us are feeling.......

Al

Quote from: Beetle on January 21, 2009, 15:01:37 PM

This piece removes a lot of the emotion and conveys what a lot of us are feeling.......

Good one Beetle - Thanks.

Like the columnist said, now that the other side is in control we are expected to toe the line - any skepticism is unpatriotic and maybe even racist.

For Woolly - "reminds me of Woodstock" - I thought I saw your bare ass frolicking around in the tall grass in some of those old films of the event the media pulls out from time to time.

Z-Man

For Woolly - "reminds me of Woodstock" - I thought I saw your bare ass frolicking around in the tall grass in some of those old films of the event the media pulls out from time to time.
[/quote]

Thanks, Al - now I won't be able to close my eyes without that image invading my senses.    :o
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

cmiller51h

Quote from: Al on January 21, 2009, 15:55:23 PM
Quote from: Beetle on January 21, 2009, 15:01:37 PM

Thanks, now I think I'll wash my eyes out with Clorox!

flatlander

Good article Beetle.  It appears the hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.  Comments like these mystify me:

"Even if you don't like the guy, which is your right and privilege, I don't think biased attacks either for or against our new President will help the country one bit."

"He's also yours and every other Americans President...... how about some respect for the office instead of whining and bitchin and moanin.... sheesh, not even a day has passed and "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"."

Is that what we've been doing for the last 7-8 years?

Anyway, I don't think Obama has to worry about the conservative element in this country.  He better keep his eye on his own party before they turn on him...and they eventually will if he doesn't cow and give them everything they want.

Just finished reading an article that finished by saying,

"On wiretaps, interrogations and now Gitmo, the new Administration is discovering that the left-wing attack lines against Bush policies are mostly simplistic illusions. Now those critics are Mr. Obama's problem."  http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123258578172604569.html

Good luck Mr Obama.

walt

Quote from: cmiller51h on January 21, 2009, 14:34:11 PM
Walt, I understand. It just pisses me off (and i dont care who it is!) to see someone disrespect the National Anthem or the US flag. If you want to be the leader, then you have to act like it and send the message that this is how Americans should act. You cant bitch if you dont vote. I voted. I hope he does a great job. We as a country need it, but they are the role models for the country. Look at the role model Slick Willie left for our kids! Well, a blowjob aint really sex! MY WIFE WOULDNT BUY THAT! I'd be divorced. They just need to be aware of the actions that they send. I have stopped at businesses who had jacked up flags and asked them to change them. No flag is better than flying a rag. I've tought my kids to pay attention and put thier hands over thier hearts when the flag is raised or the National Anthem is played. I'm not whining, it just hits a sore spot with me. I know too many soldiers and friends that have come home covered with this flag. Anyway, just my .02.

sorry i called ya a crybaby chuck..... i know ya ain't. i too was raised to respect the flag and anthem.... or i'd suffer a good cuff.

i guess what bothers me is the fact that this president is already being hounded and he hasn't even yet had the time to sit down and take a good shit. i find that troublesome to the nth degree.

It's one thing to rightfully critique, it's another thing to utter such bulbous codswallop such as "I hope he fails."

Walt

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

walt

Quote from: Flatlander on January 22, 2009, 08:46:43 AM
Good article Beetle.  It appears the hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.  Comments like these mystify me:

"Even if you don't like the guy, which is your right and privilege, I don't think biased attacks either for or against our new President will help the country one bit."

"He's also yours and every other Americans President...... how about some respect for the office instead of whining and bitchin and moanin.... sheesh, not even a day has passed and "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"."

I love it, I'm a left-wing commie tree hugging pinko satanic bastid  >:D

har-dee-har flatdick. I don't understand your question, "Is that what we've been doing for the last 7-8 years?"

What I've been doing for the last 7-8 years is watching my lifetime accumulated savings destroyed by a bunch of fucking idiots, our so called leaders in Washington. I don't directly blame Bush, he was just a simpleton figurehead, puppet... if you like, put into office to decoy the real business at hand.

Conservative Republicanism = Fiscal responsibility. BULLSHIT!

Fiscal responsibility is don't spend more than you have.... and it starts at home.

okay... i pass the soapbox....

walt

— Cormac McCarthy

Beetle

Quote from: walt on January 22, 2009, 09:53:21 AM
Quote from: Flatlander on January 22, 2009, 08:46:43 AM

I love it, I'm a left-wing commie tree hugging pinko satanic bastid  >:D

har-dee-har flatdick. I don't understand your question, "Is that what we've been doing for the last 7-8 years?"

What I've been doing for the last 7-8 years is watching my lifetime accumulated savings destroyed by a bunch of fucking idiots, our so called leaders in Washington. I don't directly blame Bush, he was just a simpleton figurehead, puppet... if you like, put into office to decoy the real business at hand.

Conservative Republicanism = Fiscal responsibility. BULLSHIT!

Fiscal responsibility is don't spend more than you have.... and it starts at home.

okay... i pass the soapbox....

walt

Yawn...sorry Walt....this is so tired.  Bush is gone...it's over.  Democrats have been in control of congress for two years.  You now have your president.  Who are you going to blame if things don't perk up?  Cheney?  Reagan?