News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Frogs fanny?

Started by Fire-Fly, January 13, 2009, 11:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

I was told today that Frogs Fanny went out of business, anyone else heard this?

gardenboy

I don't think they did. The Great Outdoor store in Greensboro just got a shipment in last week. If they did go out of business, I guess that was the last shipment.

Woolly Bugger

at first i thought that FF was made by loon, but further research provides:

Footeloose Products
PO Box 124
Oxford, OH 45056
740-296-4825
frogangler@roadrunner.com

didn't locate a web site for them... give 'em a call and give us the scoop
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Shane

Or you could buy a quart of hydrophobic fumed silica from these guys for about $4.50

http://www.epoxyproducts.com/2_fillers.html

S

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Shane on January 13, 2009, 21:23:49 PM
Or you could buy a quart of hydrophobic fumed silica from these guys for about $4.50

http://www.epoxyproducts.com/2_fillers.html

what's the best method of transferring it from the quart container into the little bottles like Frog's Fanny>?

S
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Shane

It's a total pain. It comes in a plastic bag. I found a  plastic bottle bigger than the Frogs Fanny that has a neck OD the same as the FF bottle's ID. I Cut a little hole in the corner of the bag and carefully filled that bottle. Probably got a pint in there. Now when I get empty (which is pretty often because I'm not very stingy with the stuff anymore) I just stick the FF bottle on top of the pint jar and invert it.

S

Milo

Agree wholeheartedly with Shane.  I've been using the HFS for over two years now.  I've got three bottles in my vest, and on those days when the fish are eating the cdc comparaduns like candy you can apply the HFS liberally and go through a couple of bottles in a day.  I bought two ounces initially and have only used about half.

I'll get a piece of paper, make a fold, scoop out the silica and spread it out, bring the fold together, and fill up the bottle.  Takes just a minute, isn't too messy, and works for me. 

If anyone has any empty FF bottles I'll gladly trade some flies or furled leaders for them.

croaker

Dump the hydrophobic fumed silica (or squeeze it out of the cut plastic bag corner) into an empty Chalk line re-fill bottle.
Shoot it in the FF bottle just like filling yer Chalk line.

croaker
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Stuart R.

Good idea croaker! I took a pc of paper and made a funnel and scooped it into the funnel and poked a wire through it to keep it flowing.

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

River Man

I pour the silica into a quart container with a wide mouth.  I then push the frogs fanny bottle down until the top is almost level with the powder. I then use a baby spoon to push the powder into the bottle.  It only takes a few minutes to fill up 4-5 bottles. 

Woolly Bugger

otay, i just became a member of the Quart Sized Fumed Silica Group!

Brush on!
me -There's a season?

Fire-Fly

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 15, 2009, 13:23:05 PM
otay, i just became a member of the Quart Sized Fumed Silica Group!

Brush on!
Me too... I ordered 2 quarts. I got one of those red empty ketchup bottles from Wally world to use to refill my small bottle.

Mstash

A pc of printer paper rolled into a cone and the shit slides through.Served with a plastic spoon

River Man

How about a plastic funnel  ;D

flatlander

Quote from: River Man on January 16, 2009, 09:27:13 AM
How about a plastic funnel  ;D

That would be way too easy ;D

Actually, I like Croaker's idea...think I got a chalk bottle that's almost empty somewhere in my shop.  Silver posted something similar a while back about using a squeeze ketchup bottle.