News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

hiawassee ga trout streams???

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 10, 2009, 22:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I'm going to be staying in Hiawassee Ga in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if there wer any good trout streams in the area or should I just be looking at the Nantahala in NC?

Thanks....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

MBB

I haven't fished it, but some friends of mine tell me that the Toccoa River has really become a great tailwater fishery.  I don't think it is long distance away.

troutjedi

Chattooga, Tugaloo, Toccoa....all good

trout_boyII

I assume you are aware of this board, but just in case you aren't, try posting to:

http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/index.php?

and you should get a lot of suggestions.

TB

Trout Maharishi

Woowee ask Rockyraccon, he guides down that way and knows the area. Good guy as well :)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

BASSET_HOUND

I have to say the Toccoa Tailwater is a fun fishery.  I got to fish it on my honeymoon in August 2006.  It will remind you of the South Holston tailwater.   It has only two flows, deep enough to wade and so high you can only float. It has some very nice brown trout in the tailwater.
I have never meet a river I did not fall into.

croaker

There's a tributary on the northside of the river the that flows between Hayesville and Murphy, NC that would be worth checkin' out ifn you have the time.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.