News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

NCWRC rules & regulations proposals hearing - District 4

Started by Al, January 11, 2009, 10:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

New NCWRC rules & regulations proposals hearing held in District 4 last Monday got a full page write up in Fayetteville paper today.

Here is link to online version  http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=315496

I attended and there was very little controversy about any of the fishing proposals. Just about everyone, (several hundred - the place was packed), was there for the hunting proposals.

What is not in the newspaper was the open forum after all the proposals received a hearing - I would not have wanted to be a dog(deer) hunter. Several land owners got up and did a lot of finger pointing and wanted to know what the NCWRC was going to do about unethical dog hunters who were releasing dogs to run the deer off their property. Some land owners were hunters themselves, others leased their land to "still hunters" who refused to renew the leases because they continued to be plagued by dogs.  I did not hear anyone get up to defend the practice of deer hunting with dogs other then one gentlemen who did state that he was not condemning all dog hunters. I am sure there were a lot of dog hunters in the audience but they were pretty quiet.

They have been holding hearing through out the state this past week and next week. Has anyone else attended and if so, what can you report?