News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Wherever You Want It To Be

Started by ColdOnTheShoulder, January 06, 2009, 17:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdOnTheShoulder

Took a trip for my birthday to a tailwater in western VA, not too far from Monongahela National Forest. The little chunk of tailwater we started off on had 5 guys pounding it when we showed up Sunday. Fish were rising everywhere but they departed shortly after our getting there. The fish were pickier than usual, but we managed a handful of small rainbows the first day.

If you are worried about my fish handling, rest assured that the wonderful Didymo made sure my gloves remained soaked the entire time.

Gorgeous little things in that river.

Left around dark for the day and sought out a place to pitch a tent. I had a feeling that none of the friendly neighbors would go for the $20 to pitch a tent in their yard so we had to take some crazy double-backing mountains roads to find a campsite.

The next morning we woke up to the rain, made some coffee, and headed back to the water. As expected, we had the river to ourselves Monday. Surface activity was a little less furious but we saw fish rising all day. Midges and olive soft hackles proved deadly as the day pressed on.

Lots of pretty little rainbows hit the spot, would have been nice to get a brown or two though.  >:D Pretty fun outing for this time of year.

troutphisher

Looks like a lot of fun, those are some pretty bows.... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

TROUTMASTER3000

Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

flyfish_va

ColdOnTheShoulder

Thanks guys, was a blast for sure.

Quote from: flyfish_va on January 07, 2009, 17:28:33 PM
yey jackson river...

Once again you exhibit sheer mastery in all thing Virginia. Congratulations.