• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
September 26, 2021, 14:51:15 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

First post and NC C&R Report

Started by Bassasaurus Rex, December 25, 2008, 12:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassasaurus Rex

Merry Christmas,
First off I want to thank who ever is responsible for such an awesome forum. It looks like some of my friends are already on here. I hope to meet some more cool fly anglers here, and mingle with some of my friends already here
And now for my report

Decided to hit some C&R water with my #1 trout buddy Tom. The constant rains have the waters looking perfect. We had hoped for stained water, but when we arrived she was gin clear. The big browns seem to be moving up stream to build red's and breed. The nice bows seemed to congregate a bit down stream of these breeding reds eating any washed out eggs(no worries, we left the nesting fish to themselves).
I matched the egg size, and color as close as I could, then we dropped small midges off the eggs & went for the big bows concentrating on these eggs..........It was on. It was a great day out, and I can't wait for our next outing.
I  hope you enjoy the pics. These pictures just didn't do justice to these fish. It was rainy, and we had a hard time getting good shots....I must admit Tom snapped a great shot of me though!!!

Here's Tom with one of those egg munching bows
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

And a real nice brown....I believe this fish fell victim to Tom's brassie
And an egg muching football
The fish
Bassasaurus Rex, the trout fishing bassist.
I hope to see you on the stream or at a show soon!

troutrus

Thanks for the report and pictures. Beautiful looking fish and water.

Al

Good first post bassrex. Most of us don't take ourselves too seriously - Stick around and join the fun.

Trout Maharishi

December 25, 2008, 16:00:33 PM #3 Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 16:47:10 PM by Trout Maharishi

Both of you are certainly ugly enough to fit right in here. ;D From now on could you just crop yourselves out of the photos. All we want to see is scenery, what you are drinking, or the fish. See Woowee's or Troutpissers' post for examples of how to properly display photos for your post.  ;hb

There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot.

Lefty Kreh

jkilday4

I bet TM's not a big Facebook fan....... ;)

Anyway, nice report, fishees and some good looking water.  Is that stream C&R year-round or a DH?

Welcome ~

Bassasaurus Rex

slickrocktom

forum looks cool.  hopefully feel a little bit more at home.   anyway, would like to say hey to every body except bassrex, he doesnt count ;D

Bassasaurus Rex

Up yours Tom 8@S
I'm gonna spank you in size and numbers tomorrow my friend :-*
Get ready for a good report tomorrow friends S.R.Tom & I have some "reel" fun on our trips. Let us know if you ever wanna hit it with us
P.S.
Trout Maharishi,
Thank you for the wisdom within you have parted. I'll try and work on the right post for you tomorrow! The fish pics & scenery I can get, but the drink might be hard. As for me I have an unfortunate allergy to the "drink"........Yea I break out......in handcuffs and misdemeanors. So it's within my best interest to stay organic!

Let us know if you're ever into fishing with tom and I.  We'd love to have some company.
Bass Rex

#CommissionsEarned