News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Rainy day on the Smith

Started by Fire-Fly, December 16, 2008, 18:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

Well i got an early christmas present yesterday and i was itching to go out and try it, it was a new scott G2 8'8" 3 wt. I got to the water around 1:00 and it was a light mist falling. I tied on a Mercer midge and a Jujubee, dropped off about 12". Started out kind of slow but did manage a few small fish. Caught one rainbow that was about 7" long, its the biggest wild bow i've caught on the Smith, there is some reproduction but not alot, and most of the wild bows i catch are around 3" long. After a while i wanted to see how this rod would cast a dry fly so i tied on a size 20 bwo on 6x tippet. There was no hatch that i could see but the fish were really keying on this dry, only fished it about an hour and manged 6 fish in that time. The best was when i made a nice cast just off the bank where a log was submerged, the fly landed perfectly and the cast was just right, thr bwo drifted right by the log when the nose of a brown just sipped the fly. It was perfect one of those moments that is the reason you fly fish. Anyway it was a good day.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Al

Way to go BJ!

What's with this 3wt Scott business - you going upper crust with us?

5xTippett

Good job, B.J.  Will call you tomorrow and get the whole story.  Better get the fancy rods now before those little girls start growing up and eat up all of your money.  Trust me!