News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Nympheriority Complex

Started by jkilday4, November 24, 2008, 14:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calebB

I've had the same feeling-- do you know what the alternative is?  Start nymphing with out an indicator!! ;hb  Throw away the bobbers.

Al

Hey, from what I read here and on the other regional forum, (especially the other one), most of you guys are just out there for the scenery anyway, so if you don't detect 9 out of 10 hits it shouldn't make any difference. I urge you to throw away those bobbers and do it the old fashion way.

While you're at it, do away with those beadheads and furled or braided leaders. Time to get back to the basics in the sport.

jkilday4

Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on November 30, 2008, 11:21:04 AM
>:( :( ??? Dude I'm kidding.  I hope your joking back.  It's hard to tell on the internet sometimes but that is rediculous if your serious.

Nah...I realized you were kidding and I was too.  This is all in fun & don't intend it to be anything other. 

Rarely, if ever, have I gotten on one of the boards to give people a hard time or to criticize others.  Life's simply too short for a bunch of internet angst - I'm simply here to learn and share & hopefully have a good time.  From time to time though there will be situations or issues where more serious debate occurs - just not in this thread.

TROUTMASTER3000

Thats whats good homie... Lifes too short to give a rats ass about strike indicators.  The only time I would switch is if you wanted the challenge.  You have perfected one game, make it harder.  It should have nothing to do with ethics.. But thats just me. ;D
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

Shane

Don't listen to all these fish counters and aesthetics. I understand what you're feeling. The root problem is that you are good at nymphing and it's no longer a challenge for you to succeed at it. Don't confuse that feeling with guilt. I tend to change flys precisely when when I have found one that is working. I don't know why. Perhaps I want to see what else works. Try Czech nymphing or try swimming them with an one handed retrieve.

I personally don't care much for nymphing, but I have a lot of respect for those who are really good at it.

S

Platypus

Just try not using an indicator for a while and see how you do.  You may have to adjust your technique but it shouldn't be that hard for you.  Give it a shot, couldn't hurt .