News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SOHO weekend fishing

Started by troutphisher, November 29, 2008, 22:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gofisher

Nice report and pics. Sounds like a "guide" I wouldn't refer folks to!
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Gofisher on December 01, 2008, 09:07:44 AM
Nice report and pics. Sounds like a "guide" I wouldn't refer folks to!

But he has 12 years of experience!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

WRector

My experience with guides is they are as nice as can be because they are paid to do so, but you give them and inch and they will take a mile.

Awesome fishing guys, sounds like yall had one heck of a trip.  Sounds like the SOHO is in my near future.
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

9ft4wt

Now that seems like an all-star laden trip. Everyone of those guys is a dynamite fishermen with the excpetion of course of wb, disco, odg3 and Mstash. ;D

I ain't saying nothing about the other guy.  When you are 6'11", burly as a bear, meaner than a cornered cougar and nastier than a Neanderthal, you are as great a fly fisherman as you say you are  >:D

Sounds like the gang had a great trip -- good fishing, a little drama, some controversy....

I would have paid just to watch...

9ft4wt

Tim Holcomb

Hello Ralph,
Thanks for your response. You are absolutely correct on all fronts. I behaved very poorly. Not that it is an excuse, but sometimes I let the excitement of a big fish get the better part of my judgement.
I will try to continue to look at this as a learning lesson, and I hope to become a better guide and fisherman because of this. Once again  I want to apologize for poor behavior and thank you for taking the time to respond.
Thanks,
Tim
I do look forward to meeting you on the river again and under better circumstances.

troutphisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 30, 2008, 15:18:44 PM
Quote from: troutphisher on November 30, 2008, 14:53:20 PM
I was just looking at the pic again. The colors were awesome. That was one of the highlights of the trip, seeing some one catch a big fish on a small fly! The holy one once told me, that fishing small fly's to big fish was the most fun. I believe this to be true.

The other highlight of the trip was meeting everyone, but especially Kim....he he he he.

I am walking across the river, and I see this guy sitting on a log, (taking a break) and I start to walk past him.
Kim looks at me and says....are you Karl?.....I reply.... depends on who's asking...LOL...I extend my hand and Kim says, do you know who I am?....I said sure, your Kim.

The look on Kim's face was priceless....he he he he.

Gotcha!

TP

Fuck...I'm still laughing.......

How did you know it was Kim? 'Cause he was sitting on a log instead of fishing?

I wasn't quite sure, I didn't figure Dixco to be the lazy one of the bunch.. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Then he didn't  have a bottle of hefe weiss opened and cooling in the river for me, this threw me off momentarily, it was really a 3:1 ratio, and I guessed right....he he he he .... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Stuart R.

Welcome Tim, glad to see you got your welcome beating out of the way now and darn fast at that! This bunch are alright just you have to hang in there. Truly a noble thing to do apologizing to everyone involved I thought anyway.
STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

outdoorguy3

Quote from: WRector on December 01, 2008, 09:22:22 AM

Awesome fishing guys, sounds like yall had one heck of a trip.  Sounds like the SOHO is in my near future.

Ain't no fish in dat river!  Don't waste your time! ::)

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

WRector

Quote from: outdoorguy3 on December 01, 2008, 11:12:24 AM

Ralph   0--0

Ralph,

I appreciate the inside tip!  Any suggesstions on where not to catch any biggins?  ::)

WR

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: WRector on December 01, 2008, 13:37:53 PM

Ralph   0--0

Ralph,

I appreciate the inside tip!  Any suggesstions on where not to catch any biggins?  ::)

WR

gotta pay your dues.....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

WRector

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 01, 2008, 13:39:45 PM
Quote from: WRector on December 01, 2008, 13:37:53 PM

Ralph   0--0

Ralph,

WR

gotta pay your dues.....

Woolly,

Just let me know what needs to be done....  Always willing to lend a hand!

Discomidge

Quote from: troutphisher on December 01, 2008, 10:42:36 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 30, 2008, 15:18:44 PM
Quote from: troutphisher on November 30, 2008, 14:53:20 PM
I was just looking at the pic again. The colors were awesome. That was one of the highlights of the trip, seeing some one catch a big fish on a small fly! The holy one once told me, that fishing small fly's to big fish was the most fun. I believe this to be true.

The other highlight of the trip was meeting everyone, but especially Kim....he he he he.

I am walking across the river, and I see this guy sitting on a log, (taking a break) and I start to walk past him.
Kim looks at me and says....are you Karl?.....I reply.... depends on who's asking...LOL...I extend my hand and Kim says, do you know who I am?....I said sure, your Kim.

The look on Kim's face was priceless....he he he he.

Gotcha!

TP

Fuck...I'm still laughing.......

How did you know it was Kim? 'Cause he was sitting on a log instead of fishing?

I wasn't quite sure, I didn't figure Dixco to be the lazy one of the bunch.. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Then he didn't  have a bottle of hefe weiss opened and cooling in the river for me, this threw me off momentarily, it was really a 3:1 ratio, and I guessed right....he he he he .... 0--0

Once a douche always a douche :-* ;D ;D ;D  Everything Abby and woowee say about you is twue ;D

A lesser man with a headache like I had all weekend woulda never been our there...hell I couldn't even knock it out wid beer ;D

Once again fun weekend...very eventful, on all fronts.

0--0 to manning up Tim

Kim 8)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

overbrook

Ya guys should be glad I was'nt there.....I woulda walked into the hole, pee'd just upstream of ya, hooked someone in the ear with a fly....run after the fish with no net, tripped over yer brand new helios rod and fallen on the 12 pack of beer....bustin every one of them.....then knocked you into the icy water....and in an attepmt to be nice....run up to warm the vehichle and accidentally backed into your car door.......Shit happens....hope ya all can get over it....sounds like he learned his lesson.....me I never learn....I'll probably be a fishin fucktard till the day I die  :-\

22midge

damn Tom hope yea feel better coming out and letting everyone agree with yea.  ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

croaker

Quote from: outdoorguy3 on November 30, 2008, 23:57:48 PM
Well, since everyone else has chimed in I reckon it's my turn....eh.  First off, Tim, apology accepted...  

common courtesy goes a long way.  Hope to see you on the river sometime.

Ralph   0--0

Ralph,  Thanks for being the good urn that you are.

don

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.