News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

In Need of A New Pack

Started by CpRiver4, November 26, 2008, 10:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRector

Fortunately I have had the pleasure of spending a good bit of time in Hidden Valley as well.  Don't get up there near as much as I would like.  Caught my first trout up there during the summer after all the bait fishermen had given up.

Only been up in SNP for a few family reunions back in the day.  Haven't been back since.  Guess I need to revisit the area sometime.
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

Z-Man

Quote from: WRector on December 02, 2008, 09:29:10 AM
Getting out is not the problem, but being able to manage a camping trip is.  Until I get used to the area, I will probably just stick to the day trips to the DH water.

Where have yall found the best places to pack in and do some fishing?  I have done a lot of hiking and mountain biking up in Pisgah, so know the area fairly well.

You are just an hour away from Stone Mountain State Park - with plenty of camping options and DH water right there.

Check your mailbox for a PM.
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

moodytrout

Just recieved my new Gregory baltoro 70 and cant wait to get out with it- It got great reviews in Backpacker Mag.
Make sure you get the right fit, most outfitters can check youre Torso and hip size. Been backpacking for more years than I care to count but the proper fit issue is a lesson well learned.
Good Luck and Tight Lines