News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

sunday dec. 7 Smith

Started by flyfish_va, December 07, 2008, 03:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyfish_va

Im gonna be fishing the smith here in a few hours...probably fish about all day...If n/e body is out that way or wants to come down give me a holler.
540-819-8293...I'll be in a blue Scion TC, orvis waders and big round fishing hat....

Woolly Bugger

Hope you have a good one and your guides stay free of ice all day long....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flyfish_va

BURR !!!!
It was cold and windy today...Very cold and very windy, but i caught some fish....
I first went up towards to dam this morning..Caught a bow on a little prince type nymph and missed one up there.  Things didnt seem to promissing so i decided to head down to the special regs area. I parked at the top and hiked the tracks down to the first trout sign beside the tracks.  Walked down to the water and started wear'in out till i ran out of little brassie midges with tan hackle...I managed one or two more on a zebra midge with griz hackle. They starterd feeding this eve on some reel tiny tan colored stuff bout size 28 or smaller...I couldnt do much with then, I tried like hell till it started getting dark.  By the time i got back to the car my wading boots where so frozen i couldnt get them off...But, I caught some fish!