News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

South Holston Info

Started by troutrus, November 11, 2008, 05:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

I've never been to the Soho. Thinking about heading out there in mid December. Can anyone recommend a Motel in the area? Also, I'll probably hire a guide for a day or two. Can anyone recommend one?

kylemc

hotels/motels...Bristol has plenty.

phg

Don't Rod and Matt Champion have a flyshop/guide service on the SoHo?  I've never used their guide service, but they're good guys.  Randy Ratlif (Gonefishin) also guides on the SoHo.  Last I knew he was booking through the Fosco Fishing Company.  Then there's Marty Schaffner and Jeff Payne, of Tri-State Angler who also guide the SoHo.  I've worked with Marty before, definitely one of the good ones.

I'm sure there are others that I am slighting, but these come to mind quickly. 

launchone

As stated Bristol has some motels, there are also some decent ones in Johnson City (Days Inn comes to mind, included a "hot" breakfast for somewhere around $50 a night).

outdoorguy3

I stayed in a Red roof Inn in Johnson City for $45.00 last time I was there.  No breakfast at the time I left the motel, but that was solved by an early morning stop at the Webb Store.  They open at 5:00.  Can't beat their sausage and egg biscuit.

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

Mstash

Quote from: outdoorguy3 on November 11, 2008, 13:13:31 PM
I stayed in a Red roof Inn in Johnson City for $45.00 last time I was there.  No breakfast at the time I left the motel, but that was solved by an early morning stop at the Webb Store.  They open at 5:00.  Can't beat their sausage and egg biscuit.

Ralph   0--0

early morning stop at the Webb Store.  They open at 5:00.  Can't beat their sausage and egg biscuit.
;D

5xTippett

Webb's hamburgers are as good as they come!

troutrus

Thanks for the input. Gives me a good starting place.

cmiller51h

Quote from: 5xTippett on November 11, 2008, 18:42:44 PM
Webb's hamburgers are as good as they come!

Had one today. Mighty tasty!
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

TROUTMASTER3000

Its not a local guide.  But Hunter Banks is placed out of Asheville, and there is a guide there whose name is Forrest.  He is on that river 200+ days out of the year guiding.  I would place all of my money on him.
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

jkilday4

You would think Bluff City area would have some reasonable B&B's?

Here's an idea if you ever want a good lunch: if you're fishing the Big Springs area, call Hickory Tree Grocery @ 423.538.8224 to place a burger-to-go order - at Hwy 44 & Big Springs Road.