News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A day in the NC Mountains

Started by WRector, November 09, 2008, 19:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRector

First off I would like to say thanks for all the information that you all provided, but due to the reports of heavy crowds up at SMSP, after the recent stocking, I decided to head further west and try my hand on some DH waters.  A fairly slow start provided some fast action once I got into the rhythm of things, after having not been on the river in quite some time.  Was hoping to take some fish on dry, but the wind gusting at 15-20 made it quite difficult.

After catching a few nice sized fish consisting of bows and brookies in the 12 to 14 inch range, I headed down to a hole my buddy told me about and hooked up with a very nice suprise on a brown woolly.  The 20 inch bow is by far the biggest fish I have ever landed on the fly rod and provided about 5 min. of drag screaming and hard pulling on my 4 wt.  My first trip to the NC mountains definitely surpassed my expectations.   ;D

[attachment=1]
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

anothertroutbum

Sounds to me like you were in trout paradise. Good for you! 0--0

troutphisher

Nice fish !

I really like the western NC mountains, some of the prettiest water around.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

good deal, why to bust your NC cherry!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Very nice fish.  0--0
Glad you had a good day.