News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

DH Waters

Started by dnakamoto, November 03, 2008, 20:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnakamoto

I got a chance to get out again today.  My daughter was out of school today so I even convinced my wife to bring the kids and spend the day out with me.  After being out on the water for a short time an older gentleman showed up and came down to talk and brought some pictures with him.  Seems today they were going to stock the water and he was one of the people that volunteer to do it regularly.  We talked for a while and he showed me some pics that he had of some pretty big fish he had caught recently.  Not long after someone else showed up and before long the stories were going and more pics were coming out.  It was a pretty good time hearing some stories from the more experienced.  I excused myself to get back to fishing and they waited around for the hatchery truck to show up.  I used Nymphs all day and prob tried everything I had.  I ended up fishing a few different spots and rounded out 8 for the day.  I used Nymphs all day and prob tried everything I had.  By the end of the day my 4 yr. old son had changed clothers 3 times and was wearing a pair of rolled up jeans that we had brought extra for my daughter.  Needless to say he, my daughter and my wife had a good time too.  On the way home I pondered waders for 4 yr. olds.  With all the racket those two made in that water its a miracle I caught anything.  All in all a great day out with my fam. [attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3][attachment=4][attachment=5] 0--0

Woolly Bugger

good times 4 sure! I've got through the waders for kids thing....

they'll wet wade till it gets cold and then I put in neoprenes tought part is finding the boots!

I lucked out with a pair of simms for $10 from Sierra Trading post...

sold all the x-small stuff...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

tnx for the report...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Nice way to spend the day ;D Please don't let them grow up to be Duke fans thought, that would be just plain cruel ;)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

peter p

Sounds like a great day
Peter

troutphisher

Nice way to get out with your family! any time on the water is good time spent.... ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

benflyfishn

Good stuff! Try Cabelas for kids neoprene boot foot waders. I just passed on my daughters last year to someone who's daughter needed one. They are decent waders.
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

DaAx

Kudos, chief.  I've learned that either you take kids fishing, or go fishing.  It is a rare day, indeed, that you can fish and they can fish at the same time.  Either it's just my kids or you have infinately more patience than I.  Probably both....
Monkeys make anything funny...anything...

dnakamoto

The Kudos go to my wife ... she was nice enough to read and keep them at a distance most of the day ... the funny thing was that I caught three where they were playing and throwing rocks in the creek.

dnakamoto

TM it would only be cruel as Duke fans during football... which hasnt actually been that bad this year. :laugh: