News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

cape lookie nookie

Started by walt, November 07, 2005, 10:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

anyways.... my tr for this past weekend (apologies to the dudes i pm'd... i'm too damn worn out this mornin to come up with sumthin original... just a tweak or two)

friday afternoon was spent runnin around in my buddy jeff' carolina 25' boat.... some trollin'.... mainly just drinkin' beer and catchin' up with each others goin ons... caught some blues, didn't run across any albies. all you can eat oysters on wednesday and friday evenings at the mohead joint across from the key west restraunt.... jeff and i ate 4 pecks..... whew.... dun wanna see another oyster for awhile.

saturday.... jeff and i fished the gulfstream about 50 miles out .... a few dolphin and a big WAHOO!!! i was the capt... jeff did the ballyhoo riggin and catchin...... man, is it beautiful out there.... all horizon and bluewater. the big rock area is wierd to experience the first time.... upwellings maybe? sat eve went to saniatry restraunt for dinner..... tradition. instead of heading up to harkers for the albie party, we just came back to the motel room to watch the hokies and the mighty canes.... fell asleep before the 1st qtr ended.

sunday.... chasin albies.... morning was slow.... one small blitz across the lookout shoals (seas were incredibly calm sunday.... crossing the shoals was a cool breeze) i cast to it but no luck.... jeff picked one up with his spinner. back across the shoals. close to noon we decided to head offshore to search.... nothing in close. finally found a huge blitz about 2 miles off the bight. it's cool when you are the first boat there.... we had 'em all to ourselves for about 15 minutes. all told, heavy action for about two and a 1/2  hours. we left the blitz about 3:30 to make it back to port and the long drive home. oh yeah.... one of dem mf's took me nearly 20, possibly 30 minutes to crank in... i'm guessin 15 to 18 lbs.... no boga on board. most were in the 8 to 12 lb range....

size 2 gummy minnow was the best pattern thrown.... they were nailing the snot out of it.

here's hopin each and everyone of you neerdowells has a shot at them denizens this year.... it is a magical adrenaline rush.

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Mstash

Did you see or hear of any action from the guys fishing the surf.
All my Buddies and myself is po. We can't afford a boat. So we'll be doing the Surf thing.

Boatless & Fishless till the 19th

Mstash