• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
September 26, 2021, 14:01:23 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


The morning after: Half of us will be disappointed

Started by Al, November 02, 2008, 20:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Al

Lifted this from a news story written today by TED ANTHONY:

"While the spectrum of possible morning-after reactions runs from water-cooler grousing to partisan lawyering to violence, the depth of sentiment this year - more impassioned, many say, than even the last two elections - could make for a bumpy ride, particularly if the results are close.

This is, after all, the culmination of a political season that saw people weeping at rallies, schoolchildren taking sides and, in one case, a teenager getting shot after trying to remove a sign for John McCain from an Ohio lawn. As David Gergen, a White House adviser during the Nixon, Ford, Reagan and Clinton administrations and now a CNN analyst said on air a couple of weeks ago: "We've got a country now that we're sneering at each other across cultural lines."

Will blacks, craving a victory that could offset the albatross of American racism, accept a negative outcome? Will Christian conservatives who got so energized about Sarah Palin reject the system and grow isolated if she's sent back northward? Will "real America" accept a victory by "Eastern elites," or vice versa? How will Hillary Rodham Clinton's supporters - and the Clintons themselves - emerge from it all?

And the question no one wants to articulate: Will anyone unhappy with the outcome resort to uglier methods of registering disapproval?

Ask around and you'll find partisans casting about to figure out how they'll cope with an undesired outcome."


I can't stand it any longer and on Monday morning will retire to the woods for an extended deer hunting trip ;D until well after the election - If you haven't voted yet, get out there and do so on Tuesday. Don't matter which side you come down on, if you don't vote you shouldn't complain later. I have traveled and lived in a few other counties and the one thing that I always say to myself as I look around is, "Thank God I was born an American"


Trout Maharishi

What ever the outcome I am just glad to see such a large turn out. I so glad that so many new voters registered and voted. I just hope they all realize that now they are in the system. I'm sure selective service, IRS, various law enforcements agencies, the babies mamas, US Census bureau, and courts needing jurors will be glad to finally account for some of them >:D

There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot.

Lefty Kreh

troutphisher

I'll only be disappointed if Obama wins. I think he's a fucking idiot, built up by the media.
He didn't do shit while he was an Illinois senator, yet, the media made him out to be some kind of quasi Messiah, who walks on fucking water.....and he's managed to fool 49% of America.

This tells me one thing......Americas population is 49% fucktards.....LOL

Either way I am positioned to take advantage of the situation. I will we become very poor on paper.

Maybe I can even get some of the gub'ment money and cheese he's promised.... ;D ;D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

trout_boy_II

I'll break my self imposed (and I'm sure appreciated  ;D) silence on the election to echo Al and TM's point.  No matter who you support, get out there and vote.  We are blessed to live in a country like ours and we owe it to everyone who has fought to support our right to vote to exercise that right.

TB


Fire-Fly

Quote from: Al on November 02, 2008, 20:29:52 PM

Lifted this from a news story written today by TED ANTHONY:

"While the spectrum of possible morning-after reactions runs from water-cooler grousing to partisan lawyering to violence, the depth of sentiment this year - more impassioned, many say, than even the last two elections - could make for a bumpy ride, particularly if the results are close.

This is, after all, the culmination of a political season that saw people weeping at rallies, schoolchildren taking sides and, in one case, a teenager getting shot after trying to remove a sign for John McCain from an Ohio lawn. As David Gergen, a White House adviser during the Nixon, Ford, Reagan and Clinton administrations and now a CNN analyst said on air a couple of weeks ago: "We've got a country now that we're sneering at each other across cultural lines."

Will blacks, craving a victory that could offset the albatross of American racism, accept a negative outcome? Will Christian conservatives who got so energized about Sarah Palin reject the system and grow isolated if she's sent back northward? Will "real America" accept a victory by "Eastern elites," or vice versa? How will Hillary Rodham Clinton's supporters - and the Clintons themselves - emerge from it all?

And the question no one wants to articulate: Will anyone unhappy with the outcome resort to uglier methods of registering disapproval?

Ask around and you'll find partisans casting about to figure out how they'll cope with an undesired outcome."


I can't stand it any longer and on Monday morning will retire to the woods for an extended deer hunting trip ;D until well after the election - If you haven't voted yet, get out there and do so on Tuesday. Don't matter which side you come down on, if you don't vote you shouldn't complain later. I have traveled and lived in a few other counties and the one thing that I always say to myself as I look around is, "Thank God I was born an American"

I have to disagree with you Al, all Americans dont deserve the right to vote, you should'nt vote cause of the color of skin, or cause one guy is more handsome that the other, or cause of the sex of the candidate. Our forefathers thought that peoplr would vote cause of educated decisions about who is running. There ought to be a test to pass to see if one knows about the candidates that are running and if you pass then you vote. I agree with TP most in this country are " fucktards" although i would say the number is much higher. If Obama wins it wasnt because of his policies or experience, its cause he's black and he is charismatic, none of which are qualifications for president.


flatlander

Quote from: trout_boy_II on November 03, 2008, 08:56:22 AM

I'll break my self imposed (and I'm sure appreciated  ;D) silence on the election to echo Al and TM's point.  No matter who you support, get out there and vote.  We are blessed to live in a country like ours and we owe it to everyone who has fought to support our right to vote to exercise that right.

TB

No need for self-censure...I for one enjoyed the discussions and thought the place remained pretty civil.  I agree on getting out to vote.  I'm glad I got it done last Thursday.  I expect tomorrow's lines will be ugly.

Looks like the Dems will have complete control.  I'm sure there will be a year or two of blaming all our problems on George Bush, but eventually they will have to produce.  The business cycle will reverse and the economy will gain traction so they can claim responsibility for that...just like Bill Clinton did in the 90's. They will not be able to balance the budget though...Clinton had a once-in-a-lifetime stock market rally producing ridiculous tax revenues during his vacation from history.  We're not likely to see those times again.

Meanwhile, I have ordered Rosetta Stone's French Level 1 as it appears we will be ambling down the path of Euro-socialism.  Au revoir America.


cmiller51h

Hell, it aint morning yet and I'm disappointed! What a bunch of dumbass sheep! Give him a year and I think we'll ALL be disappointed! o-o

"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

troutphisher

Chuck,

You might want to push up your retirement from the military, before he dismantles it.
Take the money and run!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

overbrook

I should be sleeping right now....but f**k it...I guess the rest of ya'll will spread the wealth....I'll just sit home on my lazy ass and wait for my check !  ;hb   Thanks America  :j


launchone


Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

launchone

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 05, 2008, 12:12:53 PM

Quote from: launchone on November 05, 2008, 11:52:02 AM

Looks like only 42% were disappointed

give it another 6 months and when the cheese don't come it'll be up to 70% or more....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/03/AR2008110302610.html

So, given the current administrations approval rating, this will essentially be a lateral?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: launchone on November 05, 2008, 12:19:43 PM

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 05, 2008, 12:12:53 PM

Quote from: launchone on November 05, 2008, 11:52:02 AM

Looks like only 42% were disappointed

give it another 6 months and when the cheese don't come it'll be up to 70% or more....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/03/AR2008110302610.html

So, given the current administrations approval rating, this will essentially be a lateral?
or worse over time...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fire-Fly


Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Fire-Fly on November 05, 2008, 13:06:34 PM

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 05, 2008, 12:12:53 PM

Quote from: launchone on November 05, 2008, 11:52:02 AM

Looks like only 42% were disappointed

give it another 6 months and when the cheese don't come it'll be up to 70% or more....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/03/AR2008110302610.html

You mean i'm not getting my $1000 check on Nov 5?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This is going to work to get you check out as soon as possible....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!


#CommissionsEarned